Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC 35 and Movies on Planes

Hi, Edna!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out - I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue!

Just for clarification - would the headphones not connect to the in-flight entertainment system?  Will they connect to a mobile device?

I hope that you have a great day!

Take care,

Shiloh 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Also having a problem getting the QCII working on a plane. Why did they not include the adaptor? What a stupid product. I can only get sound in one ear which is not what I spent £300 for. Will be returning them as soon as I get back
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2018

My 35s came with the adapter plug but no cable. I hope Dreamliner 777s work with blutooth on my flight tonight oeherwisw I'm **bleep**ed.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2018

Hi - I have the new qc35 headphones and have the same problem. When connecting using a cable to in flight entertainment the headphones need to be in off mode - so the noise cancelling doesn’t work. Is that right?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello,

Those of you that need an airline adapter can get one from here. You can also reach out to your local Bose Support for one as well. 

@zoe thank you for writing in. Yes, sliding the switch to the off position will also turn off the noise cancelation. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

@zoe, you should not need to have noise cancellation disabled to plug into a plane. I've used my qc35 many times with the cable on a plane and had no issues.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 29, 2018

Most problems are linked to the cable not plugged in all the way into the headset.

It feels as if it's in all the way but another push gives a solid latch and things work.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 19, 2018

The airline adapter doors not fit the prong slots on the new Dreamliner. We could not use the Bose noise cancelling headphones. What to do?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

My own experiences are not dissimilar to others on this forum.

On aircraft (two different types of aircraft in the last two weeks) Bose QC35 II wireless headphones either provide audio or noise cancelling, but cannot do both at the same time.

When I switch the headphones off, I was able to connect to the inflight entertainment systems and listen to music and movies.

As soon as I switch on the headphones, I would lose sound. Switch it off, and sound returned.

It would appear to that Bose are selling a product that is not fit for purpose!!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Rrob,

Thanks for posting. If you are looking for an airline adapter for your headphones, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G