Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Re: QC 35 and Movies on Planes

Thanks Tony but it's not an airline adaptor I need (I already have one), it's headphones that work as claimed.

As I posted earlier, I can either have cable-connected audio or I can have noise cancelling BUT your headphones cannot do have both at the same time

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

QCII do work ... you just need to visit a Bose store and have the software fixed with an update.

Supposedly this update is only required for 'some' QCII but staff in the store knew about the problem as soon as I walked in!

Now fixed but a bit more honesty from Bose would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

If this is a s/w update ... thne ownesr should be able to do that themelves, no need to go to shop

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Amen. Why in the world Bose sells these very expensive headsets in airports and don’t include the **bleep** airplane adapter is beyond dumb. Just charge the cost of the **bleep** thing and include it in the box if they must have the few extra dollars. But don’t sell me something in a location that one would expect to be able to use it (and with zero instructions included) and expect us to have to figure it out. I’ve flown cross country and international without being able to hear anything on them. I just use my cheap ear buds.

Stupid functionality.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

I have tried to get these headphone to work on multiple airplane entertainment systems.  It does not work.  The plug design and the audio cable is not compatible.  Furthermore, one plug is smaller than the other making it a proprietary cable.  The product manager for the Bose QC 35 failed.  Please do not sell these headphones in the airport, because it makes Bose look like a Madoff scam.  I have had Bose speakers for over 40 years and have enjoyed their quality; however, I would like to return these headphones for my moneyback.  Unfortunately, I have had them for over 30 days as I believed that much in Bose.  They will be relegated to the dump.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

My Bluetooth Bose headphones do not recognize that they are plugged into the airplane and keep searching for my phone Bluetooth. All cords are plugged in and it should work. I have to keep using the earplugs provided by the airline when I bought the headphones for the plane. Should not have spent the money for a Bluetooth version.
Highlighted

Hi FosterJones, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

I would recommend that you attempt to use the airline adapter as well as attempting to connecting to a different seat. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Hector

it could also be that until the Headphones are set up, they don't work, or that the headphone software needs a "Bose Shop only" software upgrade.

I bought mine at an airport then boarded a plane. They kept searching for a Bluetooth device to pair with (none in the aircraft) and would then switch off. Very disappointed this was not pointed out at the time of purchase.

Together with the "sometimes required" software update (seemingly only available at Bose outlets), I have a very poor opinion of Bose. The headphones now work fine but I should be able to buy $450 headphones and have them work without weeks of stuffing around

Highlighted

Hi Rrob, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback, I will pass this onto our development team. 

I am glad to hear that your headphones are now working as they should be. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

You are correct. I have had my QC35 II since December 18 and have tried to use them, unsuccessfully, on two long haul holidays. Last week I took them back to John Lewis, Only to be told after testing, that I hadn't pushed the cable in fully. Now I know the situation, no problem. They are fantastic.

@Marc1973 wrote:

ok sorry for my message, the cable was not plugged all the way in the headphone. It requires an unusual force to be well plugged.

Thank you