Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: QC 35 and Movies on Planes

I bought mine separately, from Bose.

@Sargan wrote:

I just purchased my QC35ii yesterday

There is no 'aiplane adapter'    should there be one with this model?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

You are right haha - I am testing the wired usage before a flight and had the same problem - I also did not push it in all the way

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Hi Guys and Girls,

I had the misfortune of my hire car getting broken into and a bag stolen in San Fran the other day. With it went my passport along with my trusty 10 year old QC35 v1. I was not going to do the 10 hour trip home without decent cans, so went out bought the QC35 v2 locally in preparation. Imagine my disappointment when on plugging the jack into the inflight screen I could only hear the movie in one ear. I rechecked all the connections, checking all the jack plugs were fully in which they were.

What I found was that if I wiggled the jack at the screen end I could get stereo, but as soon as I let go it went back to left ear only. Likewise, if I slowly eased it out, I'd get stereo for a bit, but then back to solo.

As others have said, for £300 I expect great results, not 1 hot, deaf ear after 10 hours of solo hearing.

Any top tips?

Thanks Tim

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

I have the problem as well. I have tried 3 different adapters on numerous different airlines and has never worked. When I use the cable and turn the headphones on for ANC it just constantly tries to pair with something and drives me nuts. Have never been able to use on any flight. $500 wasted