QC 35 how loud are these supposed to be?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

QC 35 how loud are these supposed to be?

Long story short I traded in QC 25 for QC 35 (thanks Bose) the 25's volume on Max was lower than my $10 Panasonic earbuds. Now the 35's are significantly louder (when wireless) but still I'm listening on Max volume and sometimes trying to turn it up. These are $350 headphones. When I try them in store I want to immediately take them off or lower the volume. Now I own them and honestly I'm very impressed with the sound quality but to me they don't get very loud at all.
2 REPLIES
Strident Supporter

Re: QC 35 how loud are these supposed to be?

Connect the QC35 (you didn't say if you have a i or ii) by wire to the device you are listening to and see if the volume is the same.  If they are, try a different device to confirm you may have an issue with the qc35.  If they are not, especially if you are connected to something other than a phone, it may not be your QC35 but the other end and the way it is implementing bluetooth (bt).  I am not having a volume problem with my QC35ii but I am having a volume problem with my Bose revolve speakers as other are here.  The volume is much louder by wire than by bluetooth (even on max on both ends).  I am not sure what the next step should be.  The 'issue' is not with my iphone 7+ (which works fine in BT volume with my Revolve's), but with my two windows PCs.  The problem needs to be fixed on one end or the other or I will have to use wires indefinately which I am not happy about.  The idea of getting the BT vendor on my PC (originally Intel and now SMK dongle) to  change their drivers is highly unlikely.  If I change the other end, that means finding another BT solution that doesn't have a volume problem.  On the Bose end, they would have to take ownership and then make a change to the QC35 firmware which they have not yet owned up on.

Your 'issue' on volume may be similar and so changing a Bose product may or may not fix your issue.  Another vendor's solution may work or may not as well.

Quiet Contributor

Re: QC 35 how loud are these supposed to be?

They're the QC 35 I. When I connect them with the wire they don't get very loud at all (same as the QC 25s I sent back) I've tried them on my phone, Chromebook and PS4 using the wire and Max volume is pretty much the same using those devices. When connected via Bluetooth with my phone it's significantly louder (but still I have the volume maxed out on the phone and on the headset)

It's weird because my girl has a pair too and it's the same. Both her's and mine get the most volume when connected to her iPhone. It's almost like the only way to get the full potential out of these headphones is to connect to an apple device.