Highlighted
jsnyng
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Re: QC 35 ii dropping mic during every calls and People cannot hear me

I have this same exact problem with my new QC 35 II. When they work, they work great. The problem is that they have now failed me on 4 separate important conference calls which is just unacceptable. I'm going to take these back for another pair at Best Buy. If that doesn't fix it, then they'll be returned permanently.

Highlighted
KirkD
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

Sadly, I've made the decision to return my headphones. While I thought they were a great product, the fact that the microphone would drop at seemingly random times while on a call was unacceptable.

Obviously, this is a bluetooth issue, as the wired connection showed.  

** The main issue for me -- I was told via support (remember, I was using my time to debug your product) -- I could only get my money back within 30 days of purchase -- that's not much time -- so I decided to send them back.  

I'm not mad at Bose, as I think they're a great product, however -- for $350, the microphone should work wirelessly.

Highlighted
Tarpus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I have this precise issue, as well. The Microphone on the Bose headset goes dark, during calls, and I have to put the call on speaker, then back on the QC35’s to resume speaking. And the issue seems to resurface during the call every 45-60 seconds, on average. 

Highlighted

Hi Tarpus, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

How are you connecting to the headphones and via what device? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Tarpus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

I'm connecting to the device via bluethooth. The device is an iphone 10 Max.

Highlighted
dtn119
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 8, 2019

So glad someone brought this up. Have had this issue pretty much immediately with these headphones, and every time I've brought it back to the Bose store where they replaced them with a brand new pair...only to have the same mic drop issue again!

I'm very certain that it's an issue with the firmware, Bose please look into this and release a patch! Thank you. 

Highlighted
VAF84
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

I'd like to add myself to the list. I've had these headphones for between 1-3 years, I can't remember when I purchased them (probably 2 years ago). They have worked flawlessly until sometime in this last month.  I'll be on the phone chatting and within the minute the microphone stops working. I can still hear the peason clearly, but they can't hear me. At which point I switch to the phone mic. It's to the point now that I no longer answer calls on my headphones which is a huge part of what I use them for.  

I thought they were just getting old, but after seeing people have issues with new ones, I'm thinking this is headset related. 

Using iphone X with latest iOS. 12.3.1

It also simultaneously connects to my new iPad Pro 12.9" screen (latest iOS), but I answer the calls through my iPhone.

The only thing that has changed recently is that I traded out my old iPad Pro for a new one. It may have started around the same time. 

Highlighted
wlkns
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I've also been having this problem - I've owned my headphones for over 12 months now, and when they started dropping mic on call I assumed it was a firmware issue, so updated firmware to no avail, after this I switched to airpods. Giving them another go just yesterday, the issue still exists for me.

As it stands my £350 headphones are only good for long flights.I'm doing another firmware update now - fingers crossed.

Highlighted

Hi Wlkns, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are also having this issue, please do update us on the result of this update. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
jukka
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

My Bose qc35 earcushions broke off just under a year but i got them under the warranty.

Now they started to disconnect during phone calls, the voice just fades away, no disconnect sound or nothing.. every time after one or two minutes!

I have android phone.

This sucks specially when paid more than 300 for these.