GlenM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

QC 35 mic fade in

So my Qc 35s have this issue where any kind of call request made while using my mobile device where the headphone mics are used as the Input causes a sudden loud static or buzz. The static fades down over the next several seconds. About 10 seconds to be precise. During these 10 seconds, the mic does  it pick up my voice. But slowly gets louder from the 10th second at which point the listener can finally hear me.

This happens to WhatsApp calls, normal direct call, Google assistant queries made using the multifunction button,Google assistant queries made from the phone, WeChat audio recordings etc. 

To give more information,I turned off the calls option  in Bluetooth settings at which point I am unable to do any of the tasks mentioned above through the headphones, however recording on my inbuilt swing voice recorder still works. The same works without the previously mentioned static even when calls are enabled. Hence I made the assumption that only any kind of call Intent triggers the headohone mic to start off with static to fading in.

I have tried this on my android tablet and my windows pc. The same occured even when summoning cortana on windows and also with WhatsApp calls and Google assistant summons on the tablet.

I have tried almost everything to fix it, cleared my pairing list, used it with only one device connected, the soft reset thing where you disconnect,replug for 5 seconds etc. I have tried to be as detailed as possible with my query. Please, any help would be appreciated.

P.s I saw a similar thread by Eugibart, but no solution was mentioned on there 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: QC 35 mic fade in

Hello GlenM,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue and would love to assist you. This certainly is a strange issue, could you please try the following steps to look to resolve this issue?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

It would also be beneficial to know what mobile phone you have and the details of the laptop/tablet you have tried too? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

GlenM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

So actually what happened was that my mics were defective. I got them replaced immediately and it's all good now.

On another note,I wanted to know if it's safe to use my 5v 2A charger brick to charge the headohones or do I specifically need a 5v 1a power brick?

Thanks again!

Hello GlenM, 

I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved for you!

We do not recommend using a 2a charger as the headphones are designed for 1a only. This could, over time, damage the battery.

Get back to me if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G