PConafray
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

QC 35 pairing with laptop but displaying wrong symbol and no sound

Until recently my QC 35's have been great. Now, whilst they pair with my laptop, it doesn't display the correct headphone symbol (shows a phone/tablet combination), and acts like it hasn't paired ie no sound through headphones, only laptop. I've tried all trouble shooting available on laptop. Headphones pair and work with mobile phone. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: QC 35 pairing with laptop but displaying wrong symbol and no sound

Author Accepted Answer selected by PConafray

@PConafray It doesn't seem that the images have attached correctly and I'm unable to see any. However, I would recommend the following step to see if we can resolve this issue.

Hold the switch on the headphones in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your computer, and any other previously connected device, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the headphones. If you see an LE- profile, please also delete this. Now reconnect your headphones to your device.

Let me know if the issue persists after this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Hello, 

I am sorry that your headphones are not connecting to your laptop properly. 

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you have already attempted?

Can you also inform us on your computer model?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
PConafray
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Hi Bose Support, I have attached a screenshot of my Bluetooth settings. I have an HP Pavilion running Windows 10. When I switch on my headphones and ‘add Bluetooth’ the picture below appears. I expected a headphone symbol not what you see? Although it says we are Paired there is no audio output from headphones it continues to play directly from laptop. I’ve looked at ‘Bluetooth options’ and ‘fixing Bluetooth connections’ without luck. The headphones pair with my iPhone and work perfectly well. The system has worked in the past but suddenly changed, have I moved a switch setting possibly? If there is anything else I can tell you please ask?

Best Wishes

Pat Conafray

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by PConafray

@PConafray It doesn't seem that the images have attached correctly and I'm unable to see any. However, I would recommend the following step to see if we can resolve this issue.

Hold the switch on the headphones in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your computer, and any other previously connected device, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the headphones. If you see an LE- profile, please also delete this. Now reconnect your headphones to your device.

Let me know if the issue persists after this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

PConafray
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Charlotte, you are a genius and Bose should give you a pay rise. Your solution worked and I am back in business. Thank you and well done.

Best Wishes

Patrick