QC 35 voice prompt volume too loud

Friendly Fanatic

QC 35 voice prompt volume too loud

Does anyone know how to adjust the volume of the voice prompt and phone call notifications on the QC35? I have all volumes set at a comfortable level, but when I receive a call or a notification, the volume is at its maximum; it's almost deafening. Even when I turn the voice prompt off, the notification beep is still way too loud.

Thank you.

25 REPLIES

Re: QC 35 voice prompt volume too loud

Amal

Thanks for the post. That is an interesting question. The QC35 is engineered to have the notification messages and tones at a certain volume. There isn't a way to adjust that.

Let us know if you need anything else

Tony

Friendly Fanatic

Thank you for the replay, unfortunately it does not solve my problem. Either I have a deffective unit, or your engineering choice of setting the volume to its maximun is completely unacceptable! I will have to visit a store newrby to test other units, and if mine is indeed not deffective, I will be returning it.   

Audible Advocate

I'm experiencing this issue too, the volume for voice prompts and the beeps after you disable them is far too loud.

edit: there is a pending update, maybe it will fix the issue?

Audible Advocate

I bought bose 35 in may 2017 and updated 1 month ago. Still the volume of "connected to..." is awful loud. Also beebs are intolerable, but my hearing is sometimes sensitive.

Please allow update to change these to much lower! 

Same with my computer, when using the audio line, my pc volume is at the lowest level! 

with bt volumes are perfect

Audible Advocate

I have tinnitus and hyperacusia and I have been using QC15 for years. Today I upgraded to QC35, and found out that the voice prompt and bleeping sound are so loud that it is a nightmare for me! Luckily the voice can be turned off from Bose Connect app.Unfortunately the bleeps are still there!

Please, make the bleep sound (also ringer and call volume) adjustable and make a possibility to turn it off completely.This surely can be done in the next update!

I don't know what to do now, I am so disappointed.

Friendly Fanatic

I recently visited one the bose stores to check if the headphones I have were just defective, but apparently not. The employees there didn't see anything "wrong" with it, even after I insisted on them turning off the blasting loud music at the store to be able to better judge.

My understanding now is that this model is made only for people who are usully surrounded by extremly loud music/noise, not for those (like me and many others I believe) who would like to use it in an office setting where the noise while distracting is not that loud.

So much money for a poor engineering design!  As I mentioned to one of Boses employees, this is a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Audible Advocate

This is also a problem I’m experiencing. If I use them to block out sound whilst I sleep and my computer in the next room looses connection and then connects again the voice prompt or beep is super loud. Please add a control for the volume.
Audible Advocate

Yes please do, volume control or a way to turn them off. I always have to wait for the bluetooth to connect before I can put them on my head to avoid that loud beep.

Audible Advocate

This freature would be a big satisfier for me. And contribute towards Bose feeling like the complete premium product that it has always marketed itself as.

I have QC30s, but I'm guessing much of the codebase is shared.