Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

QC 35II keeps alerting me about the battery percentage

Just last week  my qc 35ii was working perfectly fine, but couple days ago a problem showed up where the headphones would randomly (regularly now) alert the battery percentage despite being at 80% or even after just being fully charged and then after that it would reconnect to my iphone 7 plus. This would also happen to my laptop (lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga 4th gen). This would occur roughly every 10 mins or so and its starting to get really annoying. I've done the following to trouble shoot the issue: disconnect all the devices from it, cleared and disconnected all devices from it, and reboot the headphones (following the 1s, 30s, 1min process to the T), but nothing has worked so far. Does anyone know what the problem is? They are also unfortunately out of warranty. I bought them two years ago. Since that was the case I also followed a video on YouTube that said cleaning the power button would do the trick but that clearly didn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Re: QC 35II keeps alerting me about the battery percentage

Author Accepted Answer selected by Strong Hi-Camel

To everyone who has this problem with your headphones and it is out of warranty. Bose's solution is to have you buy a new headphone at a discounted price at $207. 

I have chosen to opt out of this "solution" and leave you to decide what you do.

As for me it is a lesson learned that these products don't have the longevity(mine at 2years) for the retail price it asks for 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello Strong Hi-Camel, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to read that you are having some strange battery alert issues. 

You've attempted some great troubleshooting steps so far, that I'm surprised haven't resolved your issue. Let's also ensure that the headset is up to date with the latest software version by connecting the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Another great step that we can attempt is to disable then enable voice prompts. To do this simply connect your headset to a device > Open the Bose Connect App > Settings > Voice Prompts > Disable then re-enable. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Hello Hecto_B

thanks for getting back to me. Yes i’ve tried that method of disabling the voice prompt but it still persists albeit Shorter but that isn’t the solution I was looking for. This also happens even if i’m not listening to music just the noise canceling.

I also went to such lengths of purchasing my self a battery replacement and attempting an invasive procedure of replacing the headphone battery (which was successful) thinking it was a battery issue but the issue persisted. 

I have concluded that this may just be a software problem left unchecked for 2 years with a list of many individuals with the very same problem.

Its really unfortunate since during this pandemic with remote video calls and family members stuck with us at our homes these headphones would have made a big difference. 

So if anyone at Bose that is willing to listen to the cries of your consumers please help us find a solution to this problem without recommending the reset procedure because that doesn't work 

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that the issue still persists Strong Hi-Camel. 

Due to this, I would recommend that we explore service options for the headset, as this isn't something that could be resolved via troubleshooting. To do this please reach out to our customer support team in your region, via this link here. 

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to resolve this for you via the Community. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Strong Hi-Camel

To everyone who has this problem with your headphones and it is out of warranty. Bose's solution is to have you buy a new headphone at a discounted price at $207. 

I have chosen to opt out of this "solution" and leave you to decide what you do.

As for me it is a lesson learned that these products don't have the longevity(mine at 2years) for the retail price it asks for 😞

View solution in original post