draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

QC 35s still useless for phone calls. Any options, or just buy something else?

QC 35s for Android, ironically bought at a modest discount when my QC 25s broke. The mic picks up so much noise that they're unusable for phone calls. This is true when paired to a phone, or the laptop, or both. Laptop is a Mac, FWIW. I have the most recent firmware, and the Bose app on my phone. It looks like a ton of people had the same problems, and Bose hasn't done anything about it. It's hard to imagine how a problem like this gets through QA, and I'm wondering if it's smarter to switch to a different company. I love my old Bose speakers, but I get worried when a product can't handle a basic task out of the box. 

Bose did respond on Twitter, but only to run me through basic reset stuff. Obviously not a problem Bose considers worth dealing with. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: QC 35s still useless for phone calls. Any options, or just buy something else?

Hi draco880,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem with the microphone on your QC35's and I'd also like to apologize if you are disappointed with your experience. 

It is important to run through all troubleshooting steps. These should include resetting, updating the firmware and clearing the pairing list. It is also suggested to test on multiple devices, which you have already confirmed. Therefore, if all of this has been completed then the next steps would be to explore your service options. This can be done by contacting your local customer service team. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. 

Please do get back to us if you have any additional questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Re: QC 35s still useless for phone calls. Any options, or just buy something else?

I did all of that, including re-doing it all today. The phone number you have on the contact page currently doesn't work, and thus far the rep hasn't texted me back. 

Presuming that there isn't a software or firmware fix, what if anything can Bose offer? It sounds like a ton of people have this exact problem with the 35s. 

Highlighted

Hi draco880,

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you please confirm the number that you are trying to contact and your current location?

We would look into replacing the headphones as we do not repair headphones due to hygiene risks.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

1-800-379-2073, options for headphones. 

I'm in Berkeley, CA. Here's a screen cap of the non-conversation on the support number. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 4.01.06 PM.png

Highlighted

Hi draco880,

What is happening when you call up the support number? We are not aware of any current issues with the lines so I am intrigued to know what is happening during the call.

Also, our SMS service is not an immediate communication line. Please expect up to 24 hours for a response. If you would prefer to speak through an immediate medium, you can also reach out through our live chat. 

Let me know if you have any further problems getting in touch.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Here's a screenshot of your support page, right now, stating that no agents are available for chat. Please answer my question as to what sort of replacement Bose would be willing to provide, and for how much. Go ahead and call your own support number if you're curious what's going on. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 4.11.22 PM.png

Highlighted
draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Notably, right now, it's 7:13, EST, so both the text and chat lines should be functioning. 

Highlighted

Hello draco880,

We have tested the phone line here and are not experiencing any problems. Additionally, please allow the contact us page to load for a minute or two and the 'CHAT WITH AGENT' button should illuminate (as shown below).

chat button.PNG

If you are within the warranty period, the headphones will be replacement free-of-charge. If you are outside of the warranty period, then the fee will be $259.00, plus tax.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
draco880
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Is this the only offer Bose has on this? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 4.20.10 PM.png