bojangles
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

QC 700 Wired Connection?

I'm trying to use my brand new headphones on my windows 10 PC  through a wired connection because for whatever reason the bluetooth connection is very bad. I purchased a dongle on amazon to use and it doesn't work. Could be a driver problem or a dongle problem. But anyways, I'm trying to use the headphones by connecting to my PC through the USB C - USB B connection. But when I do that, it just charges the headphones and it doesn't let me turn it on. I only see a white flashing light right by the USB c connector. My computer isn't recognizing it as an audio device. Are you telling me you can't use these $400 headphones through a wired connection? I purchased it mainly to use for gaming.

I know I can connect it through the 2.5mm to 3.5mm connection, but I'm assuming that's only for audio output. I need the microphone to work for voice communication as well. Will connecting the 2.5 to 3.5mm on my audio card work for both output and input?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: QC 700 Wired Connection?

Hi Bojangles, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I would recommend trying the headphones out with the included audio cable. The USB-C connection is used for charging and firmware updates. Please be aware this may mean the mic will not work. However, you could purchase a cable with a TRRS from a third party which should work.

Let me know how you get on. 

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
bspitz1886
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

Did Bose Answer your question regarding connections to the computer?

I'm looking to have a wired connection to my work computer (I currently use the Bose Soundsport wired headphones) and am considering the 700 headphones.  (I use the QC15 headphones but they just physically broke on the frame for listening to music on the computer).  The current computer jack (like most in the world) is a 3.5MM jack - Does Boes require an 2.5 to 3.5 adapter for this?

My computer has bluetooth disabled due to company requirements.

Highlighted

Hello @bspitz1886,

Thank you for messaging the community. I will happily assist you with your query!

If you are looking into using a wired connection with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, a 3.5mm cable is provided upon purchasing this headset. This will be compatible with your computer and you will not require an adapter. The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700's input cable is 3.5mm to 2.5mm however the 2.5mm is designed to be placed within the headset and not your connected device. 

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
silber
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Hello,

I am trying to connect my bose qc700 to a desktop computer that has two inputs: one for the headphone and one for the microphone. I connected the qc700 audio cable to a spliter that has two jacks: one marked "headphone" and one marked "microphone". The desktop properly recognizes the headphone as an output; however, it keeps telling me that there is no microphone.

I cannot believe the (rather expensive) qc700 has no way to connect its microphone to a desktop; does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Highlighted
Hysterical_Oreo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Will this connection allow for a mic input as well as the sound output?

Highlighted

Hi All,

I would be happy to clarify this for you.

With these headphones, it is only possible to use the microphone with a Bluetooth connection. The wired connection is only able to be used for sound output, not a microphone input.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Keith L