QC II having issues with audio when connected to Mac & Android at same time

Quiet Contributor

QC II having issues with audio when connected to Mac & Android at same time

Had my QC IIs for a few months now, and I keep running into the same issue when I'm at work and my headphones are connected to 2 devices (these being my Samsung Galaxy S7 running whatever the latest OS is, and my iMac running macOS 10.14.4).

I listen to music from my S7 when commuting into work, and then turn the headphones off when I arrive at my offices. Later in the day (anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours), I'll turn the headphones back on so I can listen to music from my iMac. They will connect to the Mac no problem, and the Mac will say its connected just fine.... but when I try to play music from Spotify on the Mac, no audio will come out through the headphones (or through the iMac's speakers, for that matter - just no audio at all even though Spotify shows its playing).

Once this happens, one of two things will happen (or sometimes, both will happen at the same time, which is great [/sarcasm]):

- I will open my System Preferences, go to Sound, and then toggle between Output, Input, or Sound Effects (from which to which doesn't seem to matter), which will activate my iMac's microphone, and will (for whatever reason) allow audio to start playing on my Bose from my iMac as intended

- my S7 will suddenly start playing music from Google Play Music app, even if it wasn't open at the time, and the audio will play through my Bose headphones.

I can sometimes also get my Bose to play audio from my Mac if I disconnect from my S7, but then I have to reconnect at some point for my commute home, which doesn't resolve the issue and takes longer to go through the process. It's also strange that this will work because when I turn on my headphones, they will first try to pair with my iMac before attempting to pair with my S7.

I had a similar issue when I first got the headphones, they were set up to connect to an older Galaxy Tab tablet, worked just fine, but when I went to use them on the plane they didn't want to play audio over Bluetooth at first (finally got it to work, I think by connecting via AUX, playing some audio, and then trying Bluetooth again...). But as I don't use the tablet often, I'm not sure if that was a "I just got the headphones and don't know how to operate them" or if its related to my S7/Mac audio issue above....

7 REPLIES 7

Re: QC II having issues with audio when connected to Mac & Android at same time

Hi Michsam23, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Have you attempted to clear the pairing list and reconnect? This can be done via powering on your headset, then sliding and holding the Power switch toward the Bluetooth icon for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

@Hector_B I did, and now I'm having issues with skipping audio (which is almost funny, because I posted about this issue in a separate forum earlier today that I was only having this issue in one specific location - not anymore!). The previous issue hasn't occurred just yet, but since it doesn't happen every single day, its too early to tell if its resolved or if it will return later this week.

Hello michsam23,

Thanks for letting us know, if you are still having issues then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

Quiet Contributor

The above solution resolved the issue until just now when the problem reoccured - the music will finally play now after about 3-5minutes of just silence, but my Mac still thinks the music is playing through my headphones while my headphones just won't play any music. Also noticed now that when using my Bose with either device, since resetting the connected devices, my music is more likely to randomly drop out or do this wierd thing where it drops and then plays really fast for half a second....

Hi Michsam23, 

Thanks for updating me on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that the issue has returned. 

Could you attempt to connect the headphones with 2 different mobile devices and see if the issue persists? 

I look forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Hector,

Unfortunately I do not have two mobile devices to connect my headphones to, at the moment I only have my one phone. And I cannot connect to someone's elses phone because that would require them to constantly stay near me with their device while I use the headphones and see if the issue persists. 

- Michelle

Highlighted

Hi Michsam23, 

Thanks for updating me on this. I feel that we have covered all that we can here on the communities with troubleshooting steps. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that I wasn't able to assist further via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B