bers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

QC15 replacement cable compatible with Android

For the QC25 headphones, there is two replacement cables: one for Apple products, and one for Android (Samsung and certainly more) products.

For the QC15 which I own, I can only find an Apple version. What should I do to be compatible with my Huawei P30 Android phone? There are a couple of options on eBay or Amazon Market Place, but overall, these look fairly fishy and reviews are pretty underwhelming.

Does anyone have a recommendation what to buy?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: QC15 replacement cable compatible with Android

The QC15 only has one cable, however it will still work (mostly) with android devices.  What I mean by mostly is that you will get sound and you will most likely be able to use the microphone for calls (I know some Sony phones used to have some issues) but you won't get the volume control to work.

That's the same sort of thing with the QC25.  The Android cable will still work for Apple, just not the volume controls.

FYI you may find a second cable for the QC15 as it originally came with two, however the second cable didn't have a remote on it.  IT was used for aircraft because the remote could cause interference with the sound.

Highlighted
bers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Re: QC15 replacement cable compatible with Android

@Morlock wrote:

The QC15 only has one cable, however it will still work (mostly) with android devices.  What I mean by mostly is that you will get sound and you will most likely be able to use the microphone for calls (I know some Sony phones used to have some issues) but you won't get the volume control to work.

Correct - I am using the Cable with Android right now, and it is mostly working, except Volume control. I was hoping there was a cable with *volume control* working on Android, I should have stated that.

FYI you may find a second cable for the QC15 as it originally came with two, however the second cable didn't have a remote on it.  IT was used for aircraft because the remote could cause interference with the sound.

Correct - there is a second cable without a remote. I am looking for a cable *with remote*, and volume control working on Android.

If Bose does not offer that, well, I'm OK with anything from Amazon or ebay. I just thought maybe someone could recommend anything in particular.