Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

QC25 - Noise Cancelling Cuts in and Out

Hi:

I have a pair of BOSE(R) QC(R)25 Noise Cancelling headphones.  The right ear noise cancelling cuts in and out when turned on.  I can effect the cutting in and out by lightly tapping the right ear.  

I replaced the battery and still no improvement.  

Wheather the head phones are attached to a music playing device or not, I can tell the noise cancelling feature is cutting in and out.

Has anyone experienced this problem before, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks in advacne:

Mike

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: QC25 - Noise Cancelling Cuts in and Out

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We are sorry to hear about the issue you have with the QC 25 noise cancelling and in order to fix this issue I recommend you follow these steps:

• Be sure that the earcups are seated tightly against the head
  • Make sure the cushions are securely attached to the earcup.
  • After detach the audio cable from the headset and test with a different device. If the faint clicking is not present, remove any protective case on your other device and test it again. A case may prevent the headphone connector from seating properly in the device to give it a good connection.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks 

Prince_O

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

I am sorry to say, the recommendations did not solve the problem.
Highlighted

Hi Mmerrick1977, 

I am sorry to hear that the steps mentioned did not work. I would suggest cleaning both connectors of the input cable with isopropyl alcohol. Both connectors of the headphone may have a buildup of debris or corrosion. Apply a small amount of isopropyl alcohol to a cloth and wipe over the metal part of the connectors then dry with a clean cloth before reconnecting. This will help clean any build up that may have occurred.

Could you also please let me know, have you tested the headphones with another device? If not, please do so and let me know how you get on. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I'd like to second that my QC25 headset has a similar issue with the noise cancelling feature - NOT the audio coming from a connected device which works fine as does the in-line microphone.  My first QC25 developed the same issue as I'm having now with the second headset (after trading in the first) that I've had now for roughly 6 months as of early June 2019.  Even with a fresh battery, after I turn on the noise cancelling it turns it self on and off after a few seconds until it eventually turns off entirely.  Turning noise cancelling switch off and on again yields the same result time and time again.  I keep my headset clean and stored, and don't use it for anything more than an occasional flight or a few phone calls per week.  Very disappointed that this is happening even to a relatively new headset.

Highlighted

Hello campanaj689,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue once again with your QuietComfort 25 Headphones. 

Providing you have tried the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps, I would recommend that you contact our Customer Service team as there is nothing further we can do here.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the footer at the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

If you have any further questions, please do get back to us.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

My QC25 headset is relatively new as well - I am experiencing the same problem, even with a new battery.  I use my headset for travel about 2-3 times per month, so they are not being used extensively.

The headset does work without noise cancelling but, since I use them when flying, I really like the noise cancelling feature.

Any help would be appreciated!

Highlighted

Hello JKane, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QC25 headphones. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I am sorry that I was unable to help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Likewise with same issue.  Purchased early 2017 for aviaiton, recalled to active duty military a few months later, did not use headset for 2 years.  Properly stored.  Now that I am returning from activation, headset coming out for use and n/c intermittent even with new batteries.  What is essentially a 5 month-old headset is not intermittently functional and out of warranty.

Any options that do not include spending more of my own money to make what is basically a new headset work?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

This is an educated guess.  I was having the same issue with my headphone of the noise canceling clicking in and out a couple of times and eventually turning itself off.  I did change out the battery and it fixed the issue.  Which makes me think that it may be a connection contact issue.  Try cleaning the contact portions with a qtip and alcohol to see if that fixes it.