Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

QC32ii seems to interfere with Teams network quality

Bose product name: Quiet Comfort 35 ii

Firmware Version: 4.8.1

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: PC, Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

Basically I cannot use my headphones to make Teams calls. If I do, within a few minutes, I get the "bad network quality" warning and the other people on the call say they can't hear me. They can see me fine, but they get sound only intermittently. I thought it was my network, but every test I ran says a consistent high speed.

When I used my Sony headphones instead, I realised it's the Bose headphones causing the issue. When using my Sony headphones, I have no issues with Teams at all, but the moment I switch over to Bose, the call quality plummets. 😞

6 REPLIES 6

Re: QC32ii seems to interfere with Teams network quality

Hey Georgestar, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's, I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to get this working? Do you experience the same issue with other services and sources on your PC? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Hello and thanks for replying

I've not tried any troubleshooting as none of the options on the support page apply to my problem. I have, however rebooted many times since the I started using them, and I've tried removing and repairing as well.

The only app I've used them with on my PC is Teams.

No worries georgestar!

It's no problem if you haven't already done any troubleshooting, we just like to check so we don't repeat any troubleshooting steps unnecessarily. By rebooting the headphones, are you referring to the reset process shown HERE? If not, then this reset would be worth doing.

As Teams gives you a "bad network quality" message, are you using a wired or wireless connection to your router? I know you mentioned the speed is not affected from your test, but it is possible for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals to interfere with each other and stop the connection being as consistent. It would be useful to know if the problem still occurred if you were connected to your router via an ethernet cable, so if possible, can you please test this and let me know if there is any change to what happens in Teams?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

It's a wired connection to my router.

@georgestar, this is certainly very strange. Could you please test using a wired connection on a call and see what happens? The headphones will still need to be powered on for the mic to work, but this will allow us to see if it is Bluetooth interferance.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

I've just had a 20 minute call with the headphones wired and there was no trouble at all.