todahmoon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

QC34II wont connect via bluetooth

My QC34II wont connect via bluetooth or with the Bose Connect app.

It shows up in my bluetooth list, but when i try to connect to it it says "unable to communicate with QC34II"

Same with the Bose Connect App. The bluetooth indicator on the headphones constanly blinks white when i turn bluetooth on. Ive tried to power cycle and update the headphones.I have a samsung galaxy s5. Why wont they connect to anything?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: QC34II wont connect via bluetooth

Hello todahmoon,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with connecting your QC35II headphones to your Samsung Galaxy S5. 

Have you been able to successfully pair these headphones to another product before? 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

We look forward to hearing from you!

Tegan M - Community Support 

todahmoon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I've tried to reset it multiple times but that didn't help. And yes, it has connected fine to my phone before.

Hello todahmoon,

Thank you for testing these steps for us, I am sorry that they did not improve the issue you are experiencing.

I would recommend clearing the Bose Connect App cache from your device. This process varies by device and Android version, but it is typically found by opening the device settings menu, selecting "Apps" or "Applications," selecting "Bose Connect" and choosing "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data." (Note: This will reset all Bose Connect app settings.)

If this does not provide improvements I recommend attempting deleting and reinstalling the Bose Connect App. 

Please let us know if this helps! 

Tegan M 

todahmoon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I've cleared the cache and uninstalled bose connect but it still didn't work. They usually would just connect cia bluetooth as my phone version was to old to have bose connect before the update.

Hello,

Thank you for trying this. 

Have you also attempted rebooting your mobile device also?

Are you able to connect these headphones to a different Bluetooth device?

I would also recommend attempt turning on your location services. Some Android devices need a location permission and location service enabled to scan for Bluetooth low-energy devices, like the Bose product. On the device to be paired, enable location service / GPS. This setting varies by device but it commonly found in the notifications panel or Settings->General->Location. Then, try to pair the device.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M 

todahmoon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

I've rebooted my device several times. Ive also turned on loaction but none of those worked. And no, it no longer connects to other bluetooth devices.

Hello, 

Thank you for trying those steps.

When you say they have previously paired with your phone, was this the Samsung S5 or a different phone?

Is it possible that you try and connect the QC35 II's to a different device?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

todahmoon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2019

Yes it was th s5. It doesn't connect to my computer anymore either. It won't connect to any device.

Hello,

Ok, thank you for confirming that. 

I'd like you to try a firmware update one last time. This is because if the software update failed, the headphones will not pair properly with devices. Please complete this through btu.bose.com using your computer. 

If this does not solve your issue, then I would have to direct you to our service options as your headphones may have developed a fault.

You can do this by giving our Customer Service team a call. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

I hope this help! Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G