Arochacastle
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

QC35 2.5mm jack repair cost.

Hello all,

So, I have read the thread concerning the problem with the left ear on the QC35 II not working and the possible problems/fixes.  I have determined that I will need to send mine in for repair.  The issue I have, is that I live overseas, and would rather not send my headphones to the local repair facility.  I am trying to get the cost of the repair as if I were still living in the States.  Has anyone in the community gone through this experience?  Would you be comfortable with sharing the amount of the shipping and repair?  Also, would you mind sharing your overall experience?  This would also help with my decision to either send them stateside or performing it here.  We have access to a Diplomatic Post Office, so, it is just like living in the States, it just takes a little longer, but to save money I could wait.  Thank you all.

R/

Abel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jtf323
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

Re: QC35 2.5mm jack repair cost.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arochacastle

From my experience talking to support the exchange will cost you at least $210 if your warranty has lapsed. Possibly more if they make you pay for shipping as well (I'm unsure of this, I didn't take them up on the "exchange" offer)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_G

Hello Abel, 

Thanks for posting,

I'm sorry to hear about your headphones. Please note we do not perform repairs on our headphones, so an exchange would be required. Our team are unable to provide support outside of the USA so it's recommended you contact local support to seek service. Please note that we do not ship to freight forwarding companies, so if you try to book via one of these, you will likely lose the product and we will not cover any loss. The best way to arrange an exchange would be to, as mentioned, use local support, but, if you do not have this option available, you could contact a friend or family member in the USA to ask them to book the exchange. You would need to source your own courier to ship the item to them so they can then send it to us. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Arochacastle
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Jeff,

Tank you for the reply, as far as not being in the states, I would be able to use the US support?  I do have an American address.  You mentioned there would be no repair, but an exchange.  WHat would be th cost for the exchange if my warranty has lapsed?

Thank you,

Abel

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us @Arochacastle.

We are unable to give specifics on service opportunities through this platform, I would recommend reaching out to your local team using the details provided by Jeff above. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jtf323
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by Arochacastle

From my experience talking to support the exchange will cost you at least $210 if your warranty has lapsed. Possibly more if they make you pay for shipping as well (I'm unsure of this, I didn't take them up on the "exchange" offer)

View solution in original post

Arochacastle
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Thank you jtf323!,  I did finally find that info, I agree I won't be taking advantage of that offer either.  When connecter to Bluetooth, both speakers work fine.  I only use the cable when I fly to connect to the entertainment screen.  Thanks again!

R/

Abel

techie
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

I'd second that.  I just contacted Bose support today for an identical issue with my 2 year old QC35 II.  The replacement cost quoted to me was $209 + s/h.  An offer I couldn't accept.

For perspective: I found someone selling the small circuit board that hosts the audio jack, for $39 - salvaged from a different QC35 II -- i.e. very likely that this jack would be worn out too..

For even more perspective: the actual jack is a surface mount 2.5mm 3 conductor + detect, component, that costs $1.10 (for a pack of 10 such jacks).