MJW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2019

Re: QC35 2 absolutely ignores do not disturb, and googles "no alerts during game" settings

@Brandon_C 

I do not own another set of bluetooth headphones.

Re: QC35 2 absolutely ignores do not disturb, and googles "no alerts during game" settings

Hi MJW, 

Thank you for your reply!

I have flagged this post as a feature request so the relevant team can be made aware of this. 

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to you.  

I hope you have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

chad386
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

You could have made a lot of people happy if you had posted that 3 months ago. All anyone wanted was acknowledgement of the issue. Versus what we got, which was mods that didn't read and/or understand the original complaint. It is good to know that something could come of this now, though. 

THANK YOU to JESSIE! 🙂  

mnsc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Can you confirm whether a development has recieved this feature request and if so if it is selected for development?

I was just woken up, despite having my phone in dnd. Even a single beep would have woken me up so the suggested workaround is not ok.
bayangan
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Is there an update on this issue?

I always have my phone on silent as I get notifications through my watch.

Since using the Bose QC35ii my phone has started playing notifications loudly through my phone and through the headphones.

This issue also continues after disconnected the headphones from bluetooth. Only a restart of my phone will make my phone go back to silent. This is not an acceptable solution.

I have voice prompts disabled already. Changing this setting has no effect on notifications.

Hi Bayangan, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have any further information on this issue at this moment in time, we will update the thread as soon as we do. I am sorry that I wasn't able to provide you with any more information regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Grady
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Other people reading this thread from a Google search trying to figure out why this has started happening, please make an account and reply indicating that you're seeing this issue. That will help them prioritize a fix.

I had this issue when I first got the headphones, and I believe I fixed it by just using do not disturb constantly, but I think something changed within the last few days, and now I'm getting notification sounds through my QC35iis while Do Not Disturb is enabled again.

To be clear, this is about notifications from other apps, not voice prompts. I disabled those today and I'm still hearing my phone's default notification chime, not the Bose voice, when I get things like messages from chat apps. The voice prompts have never been the problem as far as I can tell.

I'm on a Pixel 2 with all available Android software updates installed. Android version 9, build number PQ3A.190605.003. There hasn't been an Android-level update in the last few days, so I doubt that's it.

Please escalate the priority of this as much as you can. It makes the QC35s unusable for me. If your engineers need debugging information from my phone, I'm happy to provide it. I'm a software engineer and could handle no-kids-gloves instructions.

Some likely Google queries to help facilitate discovery: QC35 notifications do not disturb, Android bluetooth headphones make sound on DND,  QC35ii notifications sound.

Hello Grady,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I understand your frustrations and would love to look in to this further. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as resetting your headphones? 

You can do this by following these steps: 

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I'd also like to ask if you have any other Bluetooth headphones that you could test with your Pixel 2 to see if the issue is isolated to the QC35s. 

I look forward to your response. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

rjv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

@Charlotte_G I understand it's probably standard support protocol to suggest resetting the headphones, but I can assure you that this is likely a futile effort. I have many other bluetooth speakers/headphones and none of them exhibit this unwanted behavior that the QC35 II's have. I'm also happy to help debug the issue with your team, but we need some real support beyond requests to reset.

To link to this conversation, here's a related issue that I brought up recently in another thread: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-does-not-respect-the-notification-rin...

Highlighted
robmcdowell
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Hello,

I've read your post and I think I have isolated the root of this issue, at least some of you seem to be having the same problem as I am. If so, the QC 35 II are changing your device such that all notifications are played as "media", so through the same device (bluetooth, car, phone speakers, etc.) and at whatever volume 'media' is set to.  This completely disregards any 'vibrate', 'silent', or 'do not disturb' settings you may have on as the phone would still play the audio of a game or video, etc.

Would you mind looking at my post on this subject and telling me if your issue seems to be the same as mine?

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC35-II-do-not-respect-Silent-Vibrate-Do...