Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Wifi has nothing to do with bluetooth. Only if it's bluetooth 5.0! Which is not the case.

Thanks,
Marcel M.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I sold my QC35. The glitches make the (379€ retail) headphones unusable. And the non-existing Bose support for this problem did the rest.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Mine seems to have settled down. In fact I think it’s almost cured. Doing the same walk to and from work that I’ve done for the past 6 years now gives me a rock solid BT connection. Could be my iPhone 8 Plus is just better at keeping the connection than my olds 6S was.

Not an excuse, but I’m happy with whatever works. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

I connect my Gallaxy S8 to Bose QC35 headphones. "Sound of Silence" by S&G gave me 15 dropouts in 3.05 mins until I switched off WiFi.
No dropouts now😊.
Michael (Melbourne, Australia).
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

I connect my Gallaxy S8 to Bose QC35 headphones. "Sound of Silence" by S&G gave me 15 dropouts in 3.05 mins until I switched off WiFi.
No dropouts now.
Michael (Melbourne, Australia).
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

I know WiFi has nothing to do with Bluetooth...but it works for me....can't explain why.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

I just got a pair of these QC32 II headphones.  The noise cancelling is incredible, as is the sound quality.  

However, it's also having the skipping problem described in this large, multi-year thread.  The source device is a Google Pixel 2 XL that has had no issues with a pair of Beats Studio bluetooth (BT) headphones.  The Beats are overpriced and don't have the same sound quality, but the BT is rock solid with my phone (and my previous Google Nexus). 

The problem is the Bose "skips" once every 5-10 minutes, for about 1/4 of a second.  Not unlistenable, but certainly not acceptible for a premium device using a stable, well-understood technology like BT.  Of course, the skip always seems to happen at my favorite part of the song.  😐  I've tried rebooting the phone and unpairing/re-pairing.  I might see if a software update is available to fix it but that doesn't look promising.  They might have to be returned, we'll see.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Lavamantis

Sorry to hear about the issues, but would be glad to help.

Can you try clearing the Bluetooth cache from the Pixel 2 to see if this helps with maintaining a stable connection?

Here are the steps:

• Go to Settings
  • Select “Application Manager”
  • Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
  • Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications
  • Select Storage
  • Tap Clear Cache
  • Go back
  • Finally restart the phone

I would also recommend clearing the paired list from the headset and the phone as well after the reboot.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

I have the same issue  Galaxy S7, skipping a lot when listening to Amazon music, and more so wgen phone is in my pocket. It is so bad, I have to hold the phone  which is annoying. I have visited the Bose store 3x since I've had these, they try several things and nothing has helped. I just upgraded the firmware, which I thought would help, but it just added Alexa.

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks

Sue Geisler 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi sgeisler,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with you headsets connection. In order to start troubleshooting could I ask a few questions?

• You mention that the problem occurs when using Amazon Music. Do you notice it when listening to anything else?
  • How is the connection for phone calls?
  • Have you tried the headset on another mobile device? 

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to gather as much information as I can to help.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support