Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Hi,

I do experience the exact same problem as Lavamantis is describing. 

I followed up your suggested steps to clear the BT cache but that did not help.

My smartphone is a Nexus 5x with android 8.1.0 with patch level upto 5th of august 2018.

It uses AVRCP 1.4, AAC audio codec and the best possible LDAC-codec.(Seen in developeroptions menu)

My headphone has firmware version 3.1.8.

Please help me to fix this.
Regards,

Dave

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Hi Bose Support,

I purchased SONY new OLED A8F Android TV, Bose QC35II and Beoplay 9Hi. QC35 keeps stuttering and drop-outs. I've tried everything this community recommend like re-set, reconnect.etc. Stuttering still happens. However, Beoplay works fine with this TV, so I know the issue is from QC35. 

Can you please help? Thanks !

Aaron Lai  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Aaron,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! I'd be glad to help.

Are you able to reproduce the symptom when using the headphones with a mobile device? Does the stuttering happen regardless of source (streaming or stored audio)?

Let us know!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Hello Greg, 

I have basically the same problem as the others above

Constant stuttering so its impossible to enjoy music or concentrate on anything i listen.

There is no music for about half a second to a second and this every 15 to 30 seconds or so.

Had previously a sony xperia where it worked perfectly and now a huawai p10 where its also perfect.

Recently i got a laptop and that seems to be the only device the headphones struggle with, its also 100% not the distance because the laptop basically lays on my stomach all the time and when using the mobile phone i can go easily 5 meters away with a door between without any stuttering.

The Laptop is an HP Pavilion Power 15-cb003ng if that helps with anything. 

Its pretty depressing for such good headphones to have this problem and the fact that the first people with that stuttering issue posted that problem in middle 2017 doesnt make it any better. 

Edit:

Also it appears on streaming audio as well as with stored audio. 

The firmware is up to date on the Laptop and on the headphones

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello m.penz! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening. The stuttering is most likely attributable to the Bluetooth signal. The headphones are only capable of receiving a signal and, as you pointed out, had no issues with your other mobile devices. I suspect that the root cause is somewhere on the laptop side of the signal path. If your computer is set up like the description I found online, it may be that HP has included some additional audio features. You might check those out and see if if adjusting the settings helps. It might also be a good idea to contact HP tech support and see if they are able to offer any guidance.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Bose, you have 28 pages of customers telling you the same thing. The Bose QC35s have something fundamentally wrong with them. Many of us are people who have had many different types of bluetooth headphones so we know it is not our device. It is your premium $400+ headphones which can't maintain a bluetooth signal. They stutter and dropout when carried on opposite side of the body to the cup with the receiver. Why do you keep asking people to question their devices when you have 25+ pages of people complaining about the same thing? I don't get it. If it was my device, it would also happen with the Beats, Phillips, Sony, Plantronics, Sennheiser etc that I have also used with the same setup. Surely you have enough returns data, and support requests to understand what is happening.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your respond. I managed to solve my problem with following.

Because QC35 works perfectly w my iphoneX, so I tried.

1. upgrade to newest 3.1.8 fireware via USB (Not w Bose app beasue it doesn't auto push upgarde, don't know why)

2.turn off all unnecessary android TV applications on this SONY oled TV. (Google game, etc) Reconnect QC35 again, only one 2~3 sec stuttering  & minor unnoticable dropouts with Ray Donovan one episdoe.

3.remove connect w SONY TV & iphone X.

4.connect QC35 directly to apple 4K TV. no stutter & dropouts at all, but audio quality isn't as good as connecting to SONY TV.

Hope my solution can help others.

Aaron Lai from Taiwan 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 23, 2018

Hi All,

I’m sorry but the matter is not solved for most of the people!

Have the same problem with QC35II and iPhone SE. Nothing described above did not help.

I just put the phone into a left pocket, opposite to bluetooth receiver, and ooops, there is no signal.

Very frustrating for such expensive accessory!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Thank you msgreiner!  This did work for me.  My headphones kept loosing wifi connection every few minutes with my Galaxy tablet but was fine with my Samsung phone.  I had unistalled, installed, reset and cleared the pairing list too many times with no success.  This worked!  You saved my marriage!   I use these headphones to block out my husband's snoring!  Thank you again!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello All,

Thank you for your contributions to this thread over the last two years. It looks like we have a number of members who have found solutions. Due to the number of posts over time, some excellent offered solutions, and to prevent confusion we are closing it. Please take a look at some of the posts if your questions involve this topic. As always, if you continue to have difficulty or questions please open a new thread for discussion. 

Should you need additional support please contact your local Customer Support team for assistance. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Thanks again! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support