Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Bose QC 35 ii music stutter after 3 songs in

Hi,

Currently my Bose QC35 ii have been having some music stutter issues. Usually happens during the 3rd song when I started using the headphone for the day (15 mins or so since headphones were ON) and then it will happen again after a while.

Not sure if it was the latest firmware update last week on 13/12/18 or the headphones itself. Headphones still left with 6 months warranty.

Kindly assist. Thanks
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii music stutter after 3 songs in

I was having the same issue then today the Bluetooth signal dropped and now they won't pair at all, my PC doesn't even detect them anymore. I bought them 3 months ago well past their return window so I don't know what to do.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello CosMc,

Thanks for posting! Please read some of the other posts in this thread. There's some good information in there that may help you resolve your connection. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi Greg

I looked through the previous posts and unfortunately, none offered any help, my headphones are still experiencing the same issue as before.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello CosMc,

I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble, but am glad to assist. Are your headphones running the latest firmware? You can most easily update using the USB charging cable and your PC. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. Once you have updated, clear the paired devices list on the headphones by sliding and holding the power switch to the right until you hear the voice prompt say "device list cleared". Remove the headphone from your PC's Bluetooth list, pair and test for function. 

Let us know if this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi Greg

I have the latest updates and when I followed your instructions the headphones say they're connected but now in my devices list the headphones are now listed as Boom. Also, I tried to reply to your latest email but suddenly Gmail says that address doesn't exist.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello CosMc,

It sounds like the app may have renamed your headphones with a random selection. You can rename it under settings. Are you referring to the automatic post notification email from "Community_Manager@communitymail.bose.com"? That's an unmonitored address and may not accept incoming messages.

Glad to hear you got connected! 

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi Greg,

Yes, That was the email I was replying to, strange it had gone through when I hit reply before. Could you tell me where under settings do you rename devices?

Thanks.

Gary M.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Gary,

Absolutely! In the Connect app you should see the picture of your headphones in the center of the screen. In the upper right corner there should be a gear shaped icon - this is the Settings menu. Right at the top of the next screen, the first line should say "Name". Select that and enter the name you'd like on the next screen. That's all there is to it! Your connected devices should reflect the new name, though you may need to disconnect/re-connect first before it is updated.

Best Regards,

Greg

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi Greg,

I'm using the headphones on my laptop so I don't have the connect app just the Bose updater.

Thanks,

Gary M.