Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QC 35 ii music stutter after 3 songs in

Hi CosMc,

Thanks for responding. The only way to change the name of your headset would be with the Bose Connect App. 

Have a great day!

Tony G

Highlighted
CosMc
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi Tony, Someone on another site was able to tell me how to change the name in Bluetooth properties. If the app is the only way to really do anything with the Quietcomfort 35 ll's then why isn't there a version of the Bose connect app for Windows 10?

Gary M.

Highlighted
CosMc
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Is there a version of the Bose connect app for Windows 10?

Highlighted
Bjspector
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I experienced intermittent audio input gaps of 10 seconds using Bluetooth from my HP Windows 10 laptop using Skype / Lync. I contacted Bose chat support online where they recommended https://btu.bose.com for a headphone software upgrade. Connected charging cable from laptop to headphones and upgraded headphone software. Required 5 minutes. No problems after that.

Highlighted
CosMc
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

That's the first thing they recommended to me as well but it didn't fix the issue.

Highlighted
BigDC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I'm on my third pair of headphones.

At this stage I still have two of them.

I bought a pair in December, and had a real isue with dropout. The store I bought them in changed them without any quibble, but deny knowing anything about any issues.

The second pair are just as bad.

I bought a third pair at the weekend, in a completely different store.

Interestingly, they both have Firmware 2.0.1, but one pair were made on 15 Dec 2017, the newest ones 3 August 2018.

They all stutter, but the Aug 2018 headphones are MUCH louder, there is just a better quality all round to the audio.

I've just turned off location services, and this could be a lighbulb moment. I have things like BT Whole Home Wi-Fi at home, and you can only manage this with location services turned on for some reason.

So occasionally I have location services on, whereas other times I don't, when I remember to turn it back off.

Locations services using a Bluetooth scan to improve accuracy, that sounds like it could be problematic....

I've just disabled it. Let's see what happens over the next hours, because so far I've had 7 dropouts in the last 100 minutes...

Update:

Two dropouts in the last hour. Each time just at the beginning of a new track. It's improved, but not solved.

Update: Jan 23rd 2019

Today, with location services turned off, and running Firmware 3.1.8 on the older of the two sets of headphones from Dec 2017, I haven't had any dropouts.

I appreciate this won't fix the issue for everybody. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, or that this is the solution, but it seems to have helped in my case, so it's one more thing to try.

Updated FIrmware and Location Services off.

For what it's worth, I updated the Firmware in my orginal set, and I thought the ANC pretty much stopped working, so I took them back and got the second pair, which I left as they came out of the box on 2.0.1

Now that I have two pairs, one of which I will retrurn, I have the luxury of updating one and comparing side by side.

I have to say in a side by side comparison, of 2.0.1 and 3.1.8 I can't hear any difference. I am playing background music at a volume just sifficient to hear over the ANC, and it's the same on both firmware versions. At least with these latest headphones.

I'll be keeping mine, just haven't decided which pair yet !

Mitch2651
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2019

I had to return my pair I bought a week ago because of the drop-outs. It was a real bummer because I liked the sound. I didn't try turning location services off,though. I have a $20 pair of bluetooth earbuds that were fairing better with range. I wish I would have seen this before I returned them to give them a shot. I tried the typical advise that gets spewed repeatedly by Bose. It's not even helpful anymore at this point.

I am curious if anyone else has tried this and had success?

Highlighted
BigDC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Mitch, one thing I did notice is that you can't use the Bose connect app without location services turned on. Something about Bluetooth low energy BLE requirements.

Seems like Bose could be the source of their own problems here !

I don't usually use the app, so I don't usually have dropouts.
Highlighted
Salsicha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Thank you very much for this answer! My headphones were becoming unusable with my OnePlus 5T and nothing else was working for me. This fixed it immediately, thanks!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Salsicha! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

We're glad that you found a solution that works! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support