kaabayjeizaskiem
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I have the same issue on my Huawei mate 9 and also ipod nano 7th gen tried to bring it back to the service center but still the same how come a very expensive headphone have this kind of connection issues 

Hello Kaabayjeizaskiem,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this connection issue with your QC35 headphones.

When have you been experiencing this have you noticed any pattern to the drop out? Does it happen only on certain apps, in certain locations or is it a more random experience?

As a starting point, I would definitely recommend checking for and installing any updates from btu.bose.com, if you haven't already, and also performing a reboot of the headphones.

To reboot your headset:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Kind Regards.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

kaabayjeizaskiem
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

I tried all troubleshooting and I'm sure of that. Yes it is random I am sure of that this is a sure hardware problem I bring to service center but the replacement is still the same **bleep** bose

Hello Kaabayjeizaskiem,

I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues with your headphones after performing the troubleshooting steps outlined by my colleague.

Stutters/Dropouts should only occur if you exceed the 33ft range of the headphones, however, there are many factors that can contribute such as interference from nearby electrical products, to the materials in your location. I would recommend getting in contact with your Bose support team in your locale to seek further support. Details for this can be found on https://bose.life/2WSnrNB

Kind Regards

Jeff G

Highlighted
Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Sorry but these instructions are being used for every issue reported here and I have yet to come across any forum member who has fixed their issues with these automate instructions. Sorry but it’s such a copout to buy time and distract users.

To all users who still have issues I can confirm that I am now down to one Bose headphone. I have sold a QC35, a QC35 ii, my soundsport wireless and finally a soundlink over ear wireless. I now currently only have a QuietControl 30 (qc30) and I can confirm that every single Bose headphone has had the same stuttering issues and is clearly down to the Bluetooth range in all of their wireless products. I am quite honestly appalled and perplexed at the same time that industry leaders would go this route. They have blatantly cheaped out and chosen skimping over the literal most important function of a wireless device..The wireless!

I am astonished they have gotten away with this, this long. Sorry but these devices should have been recalled. If they were marketed as a device that required an on body paired device connection then they should have been marketed as such. This antiquated technology used here by ‘industry leaders’ brings a whole new embarrassing category to the term “Wireless” Ie, they are ‘functionally’ wireless with a paired device in your left pocket at all times..any adjustment or pocket choice & wireless is all but gone.

Ive gotten rid of all of my Bose wireless. They are just not worth the headache in 2019. I still retain Bose wired products and my QC30 is currently up for sale elsewhere. How they have gotten their glowing reputation is an absolute mystery to me at this point. Like Apple, the less they give and the more they charge for the privelage..the more popular they become. It’s bizzarre & equally intriguing on a psychological level.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@AidenskyI'm curious because I used to have a QC35i and now a QC35ii.  I also have a Soundlink Mini II, two Revolves, and a Soundsport Wired.  I have NOT experienced stuttering or dropouts ever on any of these devices.  So it there has got to be something different about the devices the Bose communicate with or your physical environment that is causing it.  That is not to say your devices and environment are not worthy of significant attention by Bose.  And yes, I do agree with you on their over use of troubleshooting templates and directives (to call Bose).  But I would suggest perhaps it is not a Global issue and hence they are not giving this significant attention like they should.  Heck, the powering on bad contact on/off switch problem with teh QC35i is perhaps more pervasive, been going on for nearly two years and it's not getting enough attention either.  I fully agree with you that Bose's technical support is often lacking unless it is something pretty simple.

An issue like stuttering / dropouts, if NOT a BT range issue (and that can be limited by either end - the Bose or the playing/phone device - both have antennas) and not an interference issue (physical barriers or intefering frequencies), can also be an issue with Internet connectivity/stream, the application playing the music or phone conversation or even the operating system.  No matter what Bose suggests, logic imho dicatates that the only way to narrow down the cause is to change things one at a time to either confirm or eliminate them as problem participants.

Aidensky
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

While I agree this has something specific to do with my environment. I live in an older (circa1970) bungalow . All the exterior and majority of interior walls are stone however my point stands that Bose have clearly not considered environments like mine in the manufacturing process for any of their wireless products I have owned. Their Bluetooth connectivity is weak regardless of environment. We only need walk with our phones into any major city, airport, train station etc to witness the poor connectivity. Conversely other brand manufacturers can suffer in such situations also but in my experience even the extremely cheap Bluetooth headphones far outperform Bose products in this regard. I have tested this with quite a few headsets and the results were depressingly eyeopening.

To go back to my home (building material) I should add that none of my other headphones or speakers have even close to the connectivity issues of any of the Bose I have returned. I know for sure they couldn’t all (Bose) be faulty. My Sony headphones perform admirable as domy backbeat pro’s (insane Bluetooth range) and also an older parrot zik, which rules out my home as being faulty 😉  Unfortunately, I can only presume the poor performing Bluetooth range (as confirmed by not only me on this particular extensive thread) is a choice Bose engineers have made as means of cutting corners and costs down. Do we even know the cost to manufacturers to implement

Bluetooth transmitters. Are their license fees? Is their perhaps a drop in performance expected to allow for simultaneous device swapping. We don’t know and Bose remain tight lipped. I do not buy that they are unaware of the issue and their silence on most issues is increasingly insulting. I don’t expect there be a fix via firmware but at least acknowledge & perhaps going forward they could quietly upgrade components and/or reassure consumers we are not taken for granted or for fools as I do begin to feel with the repetitive troubleshooting methods offered for an issue that clearly cannot be troubleshot.

I conclude all other manufacturers (even mass branded products) appear to have nailed Bluetooth transmission in both range & connectivity. Interestingly, simultaneous dual connection has not made it to other brands and their could be something in that, perhaps this presents limitations? Perhaps BT range is compromised..

To have it occur on one headphone I could perhaps presume a fault but to exhaust the issue on every Bose purchase and between models/product range leads me to conclude that Bose wireless products have the poorest performing wireless range I have ever sampled and I likened my Bose headphones to a Bluetooth product from a decade ago with great sound & NC. I guess 2 out of 3 ain’t half bad but sadly, imo, Bose have failed on the most critical element of “Wireless” technology.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@AidenskyInteresting discussion.  As far as the problem/issue in this thread, while range, interference, or your building material could be the reason for the stuttering/dropouts, you should really rule everything else out as a potential cause.  And BTW, if the devices are right next to each other (say less than 1 meter), do you still have stuttering/drop-outs?  Not having them when adjacent could be another indicator of the cause being what you said.  If you still have the stuttering/dropouts when adjacent, I would surmise it was something else.

westoque
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

It's been awhile and this problem still persists. I never managed to fix this problem and support has been abysmal recommeding the same reset/reboot solution to no avail. I suggest you use a different headphone until the problem is solved, maybe on the next version but we'll never know.

Jk1955
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 19, 2019

Hi

I have a pair of QC headphones which I love and the sound is brilliant......that was until I updated to the latest firmware a few weeks ago (May 2019) when they started to stutter after the install.

I have tried all the usual ideas put forward by others with this problem but none work. I have now changed over to a cheap Bluetooth headset (not Bose) which have a poor quality though they give me the pleasure of at least uninterrupted sound on my Sony Walkman and Galaxy Tab S4 Tablet.

I point the source of the problem directly with the Bose firmware at it started immediately  the firmware was installed. 

I would like to know if there is anyway to roll back or uninstall this firmware so I can start using my headphones again. Having looked at all the comments on the internet this seems to be a common issue with firmware updates by Bose. 

I trust and hope that Bose will address  this issue for all those like me, before we look elsewhere for top range headphones next time.