Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I updated firmware yesterday before my flight home from Germany and I had the opposite experience.  I was reading and playing iTunes from my iPad and was able to go to the forward lavatory from row 6 without dropouts.  I'm guessing that was between 15 and 20 feet through structure.  Maybe the firmware helped, or maybe the headset works better at 30,000 feet.  That's not enough of a test for me to say my issue is resolved but it worked yesterday.

On another note, I contacted Bose about this problem a week and a half ago.  Their response thus far...crickets.  No reply to my email, which I find rather disappointing.  Shoot me a note telling me to pound sand but at least acknowledge my email.

Mike

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

mcoomer,

Thanks for the post. Sorry if you haven't received a response to your email. Go HERE for your local support contact numbers.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Hi all

In the interests of balanaced debate I'd like to add my recent experiences.

I upgraded to firmware 1.2.6 and have found that the combination of this new firmware, and keeping the phone oriented with the screen facing me when it's in my breast pocket, have lead to a massive reduction in drop outs. This is great news!

I hasten to add that I haven't been using it for extended periods so this may be jumping the gun, but at the moment, my experience has improved measurably from how it was before.

Fingers crossed.....

George

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Hi George,

I had a response from my local service centre saying that although it would be unlikely to work, we could swap out the headphones for new ones.  However, they never got back to me about it.  In the meantime the new firmware came out.

I can too report that in the limited use I have had with them and my AVR together, that so far things seem better.  I would need to spend much more time than I have before I would put a stamp of 'it's fixed' on it, but so far, so good. 

The dropouts continue with my HP Elitebook and Windows 10, but I think this is purely down to the underwhelming performance of the computer.  Again, on my MacBook Pro and iPhone I never had these problems.

I must say though that I had to chuckle a bit that your phone needs to be orientated a certain way!  I'm happy that it works, but it just shouldn't be necessary.  I would have split sides if Bose themseves had recommended it Smiley LOL

I really think it a pity that Bose aren't a touch more verbose on the 'bug fix' element of their release notes.  For all we know they haven't addressed the issue at all and in fact any improvement is due to other indirect changes.  This could well mean that they become unstable at a later date should new 'features' be introduced.

Anyway, it's good to keep a sense of each others experiences as at some point the tipping point of where sending them back stops being a possibility will come.

Cheers,

Ben

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

Hi Bensmith,

When i was happy with my QC35 on 1.0.6 firmware i experienced some connectivity issues with my Windows 10 PC too, however i installed newer bluetooth drivers which fixed my issue's.

(Until i was introduced to firmware update 1.2.9, and now its a complete disaster)

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2017

I just purchased the QC35 headphones as well and also continuously experience music stuttering / pausing for a split second during playback over Bluetooth.

I have mine paired to a Samsung Galaxy Note5. When I go for an hour walk, regularly during the walk music playback pauses / stutters for a split second and then playback resumes normally. It happens probably a dozen or more times in an hour.

I notice it seems to happen most when I turn my head to the side (could just be coincidence).

I sent an email to Bose support and I specifically asked if they are aware of the problem, can reproduce the problem, have identified root cause, and whether they are working on a solution. I'm inside my return window and if this isn't being addressed I'll have to consider returning and instead purchasing the Sony MDR 1000X headphones. I'd really prefer to keep the Bose and not spend an extra $50, but I would need to be confident Bose has a solid grasp on the issue and is actively working on a resolution.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

I have the same stuttering problem.  It's pretty bad.  Sometimes playback stops altogether and I have to restart.

I have a suspicion this is due to my workplace.  There are many bluetooth devices on around me (mice, keyboards, other people's mice and keyboards, other bluetooth headphones, etc).  These headphones work fine at home (little to no stuttering), so I think that's largely the issue.

I have to try these again at home, but if you're having stuttering problems, you might see if you have them in a different environment other than your standard one.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

Returned mine, and got a new pair sent out six days later, I've not had one bluetooth issue since, and this is walking through central London. Stuck with 1.0.5 as if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I use a Samsung S7.

My only gripe was their instructions said 'Please use the original box and packaging. If you do not have the original packaging, please contact Bose Customer service for additional packaging instructions.' 

I sent everything back, including case and box. They only sent me back the headphones. I complained and they agreed to send me a new carrying case, but could not send a replacement box. Maybe my fault for overfollowing instructions, but am just happy to have a pair working as they should be.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

Thank you for the tip, it worked for me.

My SAMSUNG Level On Wireless Pro7 suddenly started stuttering / breaking up / broken sound every 6 seconds.

If I had dropped my headphones "for example" I would have looked towards myself for blame over the functionality not working but I knew I had done nothing wrong to make it work the way it now was. Luckily I found this tip online and I did everything advised and now everything as a good as new.

I hope this does not happen to many people but if so I hope they find this advice you provided.

Kind regards

Jsparx

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2017

QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs