Highlighted
KCZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I had stuttering with 2 pairs of QC35's when paired with my television and not with 4 pairs of other brand headphones.  To me, this means the problem is with the QC35's, not some random interaction between devices.

Highlighted
GLH
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 20, 2017

KCZ, yes, you are right. I must say these are my second pair of QC35s. The first ones stuttered just like yours. It was horrible, but Bose customer service was quite good and they exchanged it without hesitation, even though I bought them from a non-Bose store. So probably your QC35s had the same problem. That being said, maybe mine will develop the same problem at some point (hope not!!!! cause I really like them). 

Just one more important clarification. In my experience, the headphones only have drop-outs when both my iPhone and my iPad are connected. If only one of them is connected, then there are no cut-outs. If one of the Apple devices AND my Toshiba PC laptop are connected, the result is the same: no problems. So the drop-outs only happen when both iOS devices are connected at the same time. As if they were competing against each other to see which one gets to connect. I hope Bose and Apple engineers are reading this! 

Highlighted
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Well I have a Pixel phone and I get stuttering when I walk and move my head left right (for example crossing the road) and it doesn't happen always. What I noticed is after first time when I move head, there is no stuttering after. It is like memory buffer is filled up and if there are some bt issues, it can hold on until it gets new data. After walking for some time and not moving head around, and try to move it again from left to right, stuttering occurs again. I also noticed that it happens more often if I hold my phone in left pocket of my pants, while it doesn't happen that often if I hold it in my jacket (more closer to the headphones) which is quite bizarre​ as both support 4.0 Bluetooth...
Highlighted
boomshakala
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Same problem here. I have my QC35 since saturday and haven't notice any problem since yesterday. Now I have really short sound cut randomly with my phone (Xiaomi mi5) and my macbook mid 2012.

On my macbook I just have to turn my head to the right and then there is a high probability that the sound will be cut for half a second even if I'm in front of the computer. For my phone I just have to move it a little bit and it randomly cuts. Even when it's really close to me.

This really ruin the wireless experience for me... I can't enjoy music like that.

I had the firmware 1.0.6 and updated it to 1.2.10 but same problem.

Highlighted
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Somehow I think that this is design flaw of Bose. Google-ing I found this which is remarkable​ similar to my problem: I am having the same problem in combination with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. When I have the phone in my left pocket I get a lot of stuttering. I guess the Bluetooth antenna is in the right earcup.

Somehow I think Bose will do what every big company does: ignore us it until we stop with reports and move on... They will never admit that there are flaws in their products it would be bad publicity for them...

BTW this is the external link regarding same issue.

REDDIT qc_35_bluetooth_drop_outs_stuttering

Highlighted
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Ok, now I am positive that it is an issue with antenna and connection. I have connected Pixel C tablet and I was watching Netflix, since after some time your ears get warm, I set phones aside my ear. (Right to be precise). And after some time I accidentally place my hand and cover the ear shell that was leaned next to my ear (actually behind), that is when stuttering started. When I moved my hand everything appears to be working again. Setting my fist again (covering the ear shell of the headphone - right one) I noticed issues again. I am quite confident that chip and antenna are placed on right side and there is a problem with possibly antenna that is not able to pick up the signal. In one moment I got voice info something like: signal lost or my device connection lost. Distance between Pixel C and QC35 is merely 1 meter. I am having Bose QC35 which is assembled in January 2017 running latest fw I believe it is 1.2.10... Bose QC35 headphones are fatally flawed!
Highlighted
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Can somebody with same issue try to replicate this. Connect to your phone or BT device and place it in front of you. Set the distance about 1-2 meters between device and QC35. Turn your head to the right so your left cheek is now in front of the phone or that BT device that you connected to. After you turned your head to the right set music or movie to play. With right hand/fist cover whole right "shell". Try with your palm to cover as much area as possible. (I covered mostly upper part of the "shell". Please report if you have same issues as I, if you notice any stuttering...

Thank you in advance
Highlighted
aspexin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

No. I do not have this problem. Perhaps you got a bad headset. I can go 30 feet from my phone and no stuttering.

I have also been on 8 hour plane flights playing music on my phone with no stuttering.

The only way I can get stuttering to happen is to stop playing on the phone, turn the headphones off and then back on, then when I hit play the music stutters. I need to on the phone shut bluetooth off then back on again to eliminate the stutter.  I am using Pixel XL phone Android v7.1.2. 

@dovla091 wrote:
Can somebody with same issue try to replicate this. Connect to your phone or BT device and place it in front of you. Set the distance about 1-2 meters between device and QC35. Turn your head to the right so your left cheek is now in front of the phone or that BT device that you connected to. After you turned your head to the right set music or movie to play. With right hand/fist cover whole right "shell". Try with your palm to cover as much area as possible. (I covered mostly upper part of the "shell". Please report if you have same issues as I, if you notice any stuttering...

Thank you in advance

Highlighted
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

So you did exactly what I wrote and you didn't had issues at all? If it is bad batch, what is the procedure for giving them back and getting new one that works? I bought these in Elgiganten store in Copenhagen...

Community Manager

Hi doval091,

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area

Click your country, then scroll down until you see local contact information. I would call them.

Kundeservice

ST