Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

No problem. It's only necessary that you return it within your retailer's deadline. Since this issue is so important to you, you obviously checked out the headset before that deadline. On the other hand, perhaps you simply like to whine.
Community Manager

Hello, everyone.

Let's bring the discussion back to the QC35 instead of each other.

From the Bose Community Guidelines

1. Be respectful.
Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.

Thank you.

ST

Community Manager

Hello, @dovla091

Please contact Bose Support. Here are the details about how to contact them in your region.

Thank you.

ST

Linus
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Its definitely a bluetooth strength issue.

With my plastic phone cover on it stutters every 10 seconds. Without the cover it stutters only when the top part of my phone gets blocked, like having it in my pocket and putting my hand on it.

It seems odd that the antenna would be so bad, but is the most likely reason.
A real shame.

What other headphones would you guys recommend instead, with the same features and comfort?

Thanks

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@ST wrote:

Hello, @dovla091

Please contact Bose Support. Here are the details about how to contact them in your region.

Thank you.

ST

Hi, I did. The only problem is that this specific model obviously have design flaw. I tested my colleagues headphones and has same issue. I don't believe that getting new QC35 will fix anything as they are all designed same way, with same components. I hope that I am wrong. Next week I should receive new ones and I will definitely test them the same way.

Best regards

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@Linus wrote:

Its definitely a bluetooth strength issue.

With my plastic phone cover on it stutters every 10 seconds. Without the cover it stutters only when the top part of my phone gets blocked, like having it in my pocket and putting my hand on it.

It seems odd that the antenna would be so bad, but is the most likely reason.
A real shame.

What other headphones would you guys recommend instead, with the same features and comfort?

Thanks

Well the good part is that someone mentioned SoundLink. They doesn't have that kind of issues, but then again, music quality is far below comparing to QC35. (At least in my opinion).

Speaking of the same class, they are more expensive but you get everything what QC35 can offer (according to reviews). These are MDR1000X. I had very good experience with Sony before. Unfortunately I cannot 100% vouch for those headphones as I don't have them, I am only giving you some info so you can check it out by yourself

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

I got from Belgium another pair. Assembly date 14.02.2017 fw version 1.0.6. so far while reproducing same test like on 2 x QC35, these doesn't show issues (for now). Also distance between same phone are approx 7-8 meters behind closed thick doors (look promising). I will continue to test and report the results. BTW I won't flash to new version of firmware as it can also be the reason why something was scr*** in process. Oh BTW, there is one small issue. Serial number that I received from Bose Belgium cannot be used to register. I downloaded app to check if this is typo, and unfortunately it is not. I believe those are refurbished headphones but they haven't released serial to be used for registration...
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@dovla091 wrote:
I got from Belgium another pair. Assembly date 14.02.2017 fw version 1.0.6. so far while reproducing same test like on 2 x QC35, these doesn't show issues (for now). Also distance between same phone are approx 7-8 meters behind closed thick doors (look promising). I will continue to test and report the results. BTW I won't flash to new version of firmware as it can also be the reason why something was scr*** in process. Oh BTW, there is one small issue. Serial number that I received from Bose Belgium cannot be used to register. I downloaded app to check if this is typo, and unfortunately it is not. I believe those are refurbished headphones but they haven't released serial to be used for registration...

And the fun stops. Unfortunately, stuttering is still present. (Less than on previous one, but still present) I tried to test on Pixel C and when I turned my head to the right and cover with both hands right ear cup I get no sound at all. After 10 sec: "pixel C lost...". Distance from Pixel C was approximately 50cm. Definitely now I can confirm that it is design flaw. Those are the third headphones that I tested so far. Bose has failed quite bad with this line! They are seriously flawed!

Highlighted
silvetti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Holy crap! I had the same issue to the point!

I have been noticing lately my headphones dropping out but was blaming it on Apple Music being a pile of bugs.

But today was walking to work, iPhone 7 Plus (no cover) on my left jeans pocket, headphone on the head (obviously) and I looked right for some bike passing and the sound imediatly cut! I then walked a bit longer and did the same movement, same result 😮

Is this a hardware flaw ? Is there any point in looking for fix/get a new one ? Or is this a pure design flaw and I might as well buy another model ?

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@silvetti wrote:

Holy crap! I had the same issue to the point!

I have been noticing lately my headphones dropping out but was blaming it on Apple Music being a pile of bugs.

But today was walking to work, iPhone 7 Plus (no cover) on my left jeans pocket, headphone on the head (obviously) and I looked right for some bike passing and the sound imediatly cut! I then walked a bit longer and did the same movement, same result 😮

Is this a hardware flaw ? Is there any point in looking for fix/get a new one ? Or is this a pure design flaw and I might as well buy another model ?

Well when you have huge amount of people having same issue than it is serious issue. BTW, since QC35 is quite popular here in Copenhagen, I see lot of folks using a wire. Now I understand why. I definitely won't get new one, especially Bose as they are obviously being quiet and not responding to this. It is easier to them to ship those and send you the new one (with same problem). Bose should take responsibility and come clean..., but then again, they probably don't care about that.