Highlighted
silvetti
Audible Advocate
  • 3
  • 9
  • 0
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

So, I dropped my firmware back to 1.0.6 to test it out and still same audio drops, many 😞

I tested with phone in my left jeans pocket and my right, only get drops when on the left one and I turn my head right.

It's kinda insane as I'm pretty sure I don't have anti radiation pants with lead protection 😞

I also tested last night at home and phone on a desk and then I walked around the house (2 walls between me) 5 meters straight line and sound was fine.

So from my testing it seems related to jeans ?! So weird...

Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
  • 2
  • 34
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs


@silvetti wrote:

So, I dropped my firmware back to 1.0.6 to test it out and still same audio drops, many 😞

I tested with phone in my left jeans pocket and my right, only get drops when on the left one and I turn my head right.

It's kinda insane as I'm pretty sure I don't have anti radiation pants with lead protection 😞

I also tested last night at home and phone on a desk and then I walked around the house (2 walls between me) 5 meters straight line and sound was fine.

So from my testing it seems related to jeans ?! So weird...

 


Yep, these reflect my findings 100%. One thing i have done is to have the screen against my leg, as this seems to give the headphones a slightly better chance.

Linus
Friendly Fanatic
  • 15
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Agreed. Screen inwards and top of the phone upwards (Galaxy S7).

Yes it is odd but considering my plastic phone cover killed the signal almost completely it makes sense that jeans kill it somewhat.


I decided to keep my QC35 despite these flaws as the pros outweigh the cons. I like the fit and sound quality.
I also got myself a nicer, thicker cable as backup or when I want to listen without ANC.
 

Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
  • 2
  • 34
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs


@Linus wrote:

Agreed. Screen inwards and top of the phone upwards (Galaxy S7).

Yes it is odd but considering my plastic phone cover killed the signal almost completely it makes sense that jeans kill it somewhat.


I decided to keep my QC35 despite these flaws as the pros outweigh the cons. I like the fit and sound quality.
I also got myself a nicer, thicker cable as backup or when I want to listen without ANC.
 


Again, 100% with you on that. Most of the time im using them at home so its not an issue.

I looked around for better cables, and brought a couple that work fine, but for some reason or another i didnt like them. I now use the Soundlink cables and they work well...plus they have a nice Bose logo on them 🙂

matuskothaj
Quiet Contributor
  • 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I have exactly the same issue. Only happens when I put my phone in my jeans - any pocket / any direction and I turn my head left. And that is a big problem for me as I have no other place on my body to put my phone - I don't want to hold it in my hand all the time.

 

Sometimes the connection interferes with a tram, but that does not bother me - I simply avoid trams.

ak
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 9
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 10, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Hey Community Manager,

 

Instead of reposting the community guidelines while allowing toxic "strident supporters" to write whatever they want, how about you actually do your job and remove the posts?

 

After following this thread for multiple months, it's obvious Bose won't admit the QC35's have a significant stuttering problem for many users (Yes, this is a different issue than the noise cancellation problem). While your customers share information, Bose sits back and provides us with no real answers or help. Thanks for the impetus to return these headphones for a full refund. 

aspexin
Audible Advocate
  • 3
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I have the Feb 2017 build and can go 30' away from my phone with no issues. I can also be on the airplane and go into the toilet and no issues. I just got off an 8 hour flight where the phone was streaming to the QC35 the entire flight over bluetooth zero issues. If folks are having problems that they can't fix why not just deal with Bose directly and either get a replacement or a refund? This is a "community" site and none of us here are Bose employees AFAIK. If putting a piece of plastic or turning your phone or head the wrong way and you are within feet of each device and it causes issues then you need to get a refund or replacement. There is no reason the headphones do not operate as described except you got unlucky and got a bad one. So go to Bose and use their process to either refund or replace. 

 

I have to add the latest Pixel XL Android updates have made the connection even better over the last couple of months. 

dovla091
Audible Advocate
  • 6
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs


@aspexin wrote:

I have the Feb 2017 build and can go 30' away from my phone with no issues. I can also be on the airplane and go into the toilet and no issues. I just got off an 8 hour flight where the phone was streaming to the QC35 the entire flight over bluetooth zero issues. If folks are having problems that they can't fix why not just deal with Bose directly and either get a replacement or a refund? This is a "community" site and none of us here are Bose employees AFAIK. If putting a piece of plastic or turning your phone or head the wrong way and you are within feet of each device and it causes issues then you need to get a refund or replacement. There is no reason the headphones do not operate as described except you got unlucky and got a bad one. So go to Bose and use their process to either refund or replace. 

 

I have to add the latest Pixel XL Android updates have made the connection even better over the last couple of months. 


 

 

Hi, yes I agree with you. I wrote to Bose Denmark and qc35satisfaction and asked them to return their headphones and to get a refund. Again, I spent lot of time on something that should simply work from the beginning and I don't want to spend time on it anymore. Hopefully they will be fair and resolve this on mutual satisfaction.

Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
  • 2
  • 34
  • 0
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs


@aspexin wrote:

I have the Feb 2017 build and can go 30' away from my phone with no issues. I can also be on the airplane and go into the toilet and no issues. I just got off an 8 hour flight where the phone was streaming to the QC35 the entire flight over bluetooth zero issues. If folks are having problems that they can't fix why not just deal with Bose directly and either get a replacement or a refund? This is a "community" site and none of us here are Bose employees AFAIK. If putting a piece of plastic or turning your phone or head the wrong way and you are within feet of each device and it causes issues then you need to get a refund or replacement. There is no reason the headphones do not operate as described except you got unlucky and got a bad one. So go to Bose and use their process to either refund or replace. 

 

 

I have to question if you read and understood any of the recent posts here. No one has spoken about the range being poor, nor have they said the length of time is an issue. I assume you didnt spend the 8 hour flight standing up with your phone in your jeans pocket?  If not then what's the point of your post as we are talking about using our QC35's in a compactly different way to you. For what its worth i flew to Florida from London also with zero issues. I then had drop outs when I stated to walk around once landed, both in the airport and on the journey to the hotel. 

 

As for getting a bad one, again i question you lack of understanding. Ive alsreaty mentioned the 3 i have used, and others around the world have mentioned the same issue so 'got a bad one' seems to be not quite as simple as you believe it is. 


 

aspexin
Audible Advocate
  • 3
  • 16
  • 0
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Yes. People complain they can cover their headphones with plastic covers and get stuttering. Other people say they can turn their heads and get stuttering. I can walk 30' from my phone and no stuttering. I can turn my head, walk away fast, walk away slow, walk towards the phone fast, walk towards the phone slow and QC35 just work. Today (as last week and the week before) on the airplane from Brasilia to Miami (and the other direction) my phone was connected to my battery backpack in the seat pocket while I was wearing my headset streaming music over bluetooth for 8 hours. How does that differ from the distance from your pants pocket to the headset? or walking around like I did to stretch my legs up/down the airplane aisle and go to the toilet and close the door putting another barrier between me and the phone? 

 

If your headset doesn't work go to Bose and either refund or replace. But everyone posting post after post up here is pointless. And you claim others around the world but I've only seen a handful of the same users who post over and over again with the same complaints but why they not go to Bose? After a while it gets tedious reading these posts when we are just community users. Yes, you did "just get a bad one" and go to Bose and replace or refund. I would think after 3 replacements I would give up and try another brand rather than keep posting up here how bad it is. 

 

Mine work fine now 100% of the time. And I attribute that mostly to Pixel XL Android updates fixing problems because nothing on the headset changed since I updated the firmware. Question my lack of understanding all you want. Go deal with Bose.