dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Not sure what are you implying..., I told them that they've sent me headphones which again have issues and that I wasted so much time on this instead of enjoying in what I bought. The worst part they have admitted that they are aware especially with BT devices which are lower than version 4.2
This means that they knew about that but still were playing dumb. The worst part was suggesring, use BT 4.2 and you will have less issues after which I asked the: "so you suggest that I replace all my devices because of the headphones...!?!?!" I replied quite simple that I had enough and that I want a full refund as their hw has obvious design flaw. So which part I haven't covered or as you mentioned "didn't show the whole picture"?
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Here is the message: Thank you for contacting Bose support.

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your QC35 and that they do not live up to your expectations.

Which audio sources have you tried connecting to your headphones with? We recommend that you use an audio source with at least Bluetooth V. 4.2. Since an older Bluetooth version can cause connectivity issues. Furthermore, we also advice you to update your device to the newest OS.

In order to determine which service best suits your situation, we need a clear picture of the original receipt. When we have received this we will get back to you with the best possible solution that we can offer.

Bottom line they knew about this!
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Now speaking of legal stuff. Is there any written statement that headphones doesn't work properly with Bluetooth versions below 4.2?
There is none! In fact on their official website you only have word of praise. In US they would be held accountable in the court of law, but in Europe obviously they can do whatever​ they want.
Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

I'm implying that they also treat customers well, and you should make that clear as well when you post elsewhere about your experiences if you are supposed to be reporting the whole truth. If you only post bad things and make it out as if everyone gets treated the same then you arent showing the whole picture, as you have stated you would.  Just saying.

By all means spread the word about your experiences but you cant say this is how they treat all thier customers, because its not true is it. I hope you get your issue sorted though, and do feel for you. 

Highlighted
silvetti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Just to reply to the people saying that their bluetooth range/connectivity is fine.

You are missing an important point.

My qc35 also works fine when I walk around the house etc etc

No one is complaining about that.

The issue is specifically with phone in left jeans pocket, it sounds ridiculous but that's exactly the issue.

I have no had any other drops beyond that use case.

You can say, well use phone in right pocket to which I reply, with 379EUR headphone I shouldn't have to.

If you don't have this issue or any possible viable (not switching pockets) solution you have nothing to add to this thread besides upsetting people who spent their hard earned money on a product that is failing on them.

Community Manager

Hi @silvetti

I'm sorry that you're having this specific problem with Bluetooth and your QC35.

Speaking personally (not for Bose): I've tried to reproduce your experiences but I don't have an Apple phone. This doesn't invalidate your experiences, but these are mine.

I've got these phones: a Microsoft 950XL and a Microsoft Lumia 950. I've tried the phones in my jeans, left pocket, right pocket, both back pockets, head turned right, head turned left, walking, sitting, standing, with and without protective coverings. I can't get the stuttering you've described.

I can get stuttering with the connection from my Surface Studio at a distance of less than 2 metres, but this is dependent on the angle of the screen. With the screen vertical, the range is much better. With the screen at 20 degrees, it's not so great. On the other hand, the connection to my Samsung TV is very good unless the headset is below the base of the screen.  I can pretty much shut down Bluetooth for any devices here by turning on my Panasonic microwave oven. That is: if the microwave oven is between any two Bluetooth devices, I can break the Bluetooth connection by turning on the oven.

You can search the web for Bluetooth stuttering and find reports about other headphones and a myriad of devices that do and don't work under varying sets of circumstances.

There are two ends to every Bluetooth connection and a lot of variables in between them. 

You mentioned applying for a refund. Please see the latest announcement about the QC35 Satisfaction program. That program ends at midnight May 31, 2017 (UTC-5:00).

ST

PS I've been a pedestrian in Amsterdam. I wouldn't wear a noise cancelling device while walking around there. You really need to be aware of your surroundings.

Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

We welcome comments about your personal experiences from all sides on this topic: great and not-so-great. We want to hear from you.  If you've found something that works for you, please tell us about it. Someone else will benefit.

Let's keep the tone positive and the focus on your own direct experiences.

Thank you.

ST

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Speaking of qc35satisfaction program and issuing the refund, I have sent email with serial number, my nickname and invoice copy on 25th of May 2017 and today second email, but haven't gotten any return or response or anything. I checked my spam folder, nothing. Now they are either ignoring email or they don't care or what? What is the purpose of that if they are not returning email confirmation?
dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

No need to reply on this one, they replied on email quite fast. In short the procedure is to give them all the info now and they will process request.
Running with scissors
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

@silvetti wrote:

Just to reply to the people saying that their bluetooth range/connectivity is fine.

You are missing an important point.

My qc35 also works fine when I walk around the house etc etc

No one is complaining about that.

The issue is specifically with phone in left jeans pocket, it sounds ridiculous but that's exactly the issue.

I have no had any other drops beyond that use case.

You can say, well use phone in right pocket to which I reply, with 379EUR headphone I shouldn't have to.

If you don't have this issue or any possible viable (not switching pockets) solution you have nothing to add to this thread besides upsetting people who spent their hard earned money on a product that is failing on them.

Mine works fine in the left jeans pocket.  Have you checked your iPhone?