Highlighted
silvetti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

@Running with scissors wrote:

Mine works fine in the left jeans pocket.  Have you checked your iPhone?

With the phone on the left jeans pocket and headphones in your head obviously, if you turn and hold your head to the right it doesn't cut ?

I tried other headphones (some cheap 15 pounds bluetooth running headphones) with no issue.

Will try today with another phone but I highly doubt it's the phone. Some other guy in this thread had same issue as me and he had other brand of mobile phone.

aspexin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

@silvetti wrote:

@Running with scissors wrote:

Mine works fine in the left jeans pocket.  Have you checked your iPhone?

With the phone on the left jeans pocket and headphones in your head obviously, if you turn and hold your head to the right it doesn't cut ?

I tried other headphones (some cheap 15 pounds bluetooth running headphones) with no issue.

Will try today with another phone but I highly doubt it's the phone. Some other guy in this thread had same issue as me and he had other brand of mobile phone.

Works fine for me. Left or right jean pocket. Turn head left or right. No cut out or stuttering. I'm running with Pixel XL Android v7.1.2. 

UITA
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I can confirm with my phone (Xperia X5 compact) in my left pocket I get drop outs.

mcoomer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

I'll reiterate what I posted a couple pages back.  Bose is offering free replacements for QC35 customers that are experiencing problems.  The cutoff date for getting your information to them is TOMORROW!  There is a thread at the top of the forum with the details.  I submitted my info Wednesday or Thursday last week and I have a new pair on the way already.  

If you're having trouble I'd highly recommend getting on this.  My headphones have stuttering/dropouts with three different BT sources, where my Soundlink Mini II plays perfectly with all three.  I've heard all sorts of theories on here about holding your phone the right way, putting it right side up in your right pocket, disconnecting and reconnecting to the BT source, etc.  I saw a Gilligan's Island episode where Gilligan had a coconut fall on his head and suddenly he could pick up AM radio, and find different stations by holding his jaw in a different position.  If that works for you, cool.  If like me, you believe the headphones are flawed, get on the replacement program ASAP and see if a new set works better.  It's a FREE solution to try to fix a problem a lot of us seem to have.

Mike

Community Manager

For those reading along

If you are thinking about applying for a refund. Please see the latest announcement about the QC35 Satisfaction program. That program ends at midnight May 31, 2017 (UTC-5:00).

After that, the Bose Returns and Exchanges policy will apply. To find this policy for your region please:

chiong
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Hi,

I am also having bluetooth audio stuttering issue, but mainly just after connected to a device. I am sharing my experience and steps to recreate my issue in hope that Bose engineering team can find the issue and solve it. For my case,

1. I have a QC35 with firmware 1.2.10. QC35 previously paired with (but not connected to yet) iphone 6 and two different MacBook Pros.

2. Connect QC35 to one Macbook (by using the switch on QC35 to select which device to connect to).

3. On successful connection, play music on the Macbook (I am using VOX player 2.8.24)

4. Music comes out stuttered. 

5. Connect my iphone to QC35 (using Bose app from iphone).

6. Upon successful connection (at this point, QC35 is connected to both iphone and Macbook), the audio stuttering is gone.

The above steps may not recreate the problem 100%, but it does recreate the problem quite reliably. This seems like software issue. I hope this helps and I am happy to provide more info if required. I am a software engineer myself, too 🙂

Regards,

Chiong

Pook
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

I had the same problem connecting with both my Android phone and my Macbook Pro computer.  I seem to have found a work around by turning off the wifi in both the phone and the Macbook and the stuttering stoped.  Hope this will help some people or perhaps even lead Bose to finding a "cure" for it.

raybies
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2017

I purchased the QC35 as an upgrade to my existing BT headphone/earbuds, and all I can say to the community is the only upgrade has been in comfort, everything else is a distinct downgrade.

I have 6 BT headphone/earbuds, ranging from a US$9 Banggood (D9 In-ear Sport Waterproof Magnetic Absorption Voice Prompt V4.1) to a $200 Sony h.ear, and none of them glitch or stutter.

My QC35 has had a range of FW starting with 1.0.6, currently running the latest; it's unusable with any of my laptops, or the HTPC 4m away, which was my intend primary use; quiet comfort while playing games at night.

Bose you should be ashamed of yourself for selling such a USELESS BT headset. It's not even a distance issue, my laptops are less than 50cm away.

They work ~ok with all my mobile phones, but the QC35 will still glitch if I turn my head sometimes.

Quiet Comfort? Quiet Crap!

I've had them since December 2016, and I didn't return them bcos I was expecting a FW to fix their abysmal BT performance.

Shame on you Bose.

PS: Maybe another upgrade over the $9 ear buds is the voice prompts... but that's just due to the Chinese accent, but some may prefer it.

klontje
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

I bought a pair of QC35's last week and experience the exact same issues as everyone here; bad bluetooth reception.

I get 2-3 meters range from my laptop (HP Elitebook 820) and when I turn my head the audio drops intermittent. When connected to my phone it even stutters in my right pocket. I just RMA'd them; the store where I bought them (online) offered a service to send me a new one first so hoping that one will be better. If not I'm afraid I'm going to ask my money back and buy another brand which makes a great ANC headphone...

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Here is a disclosed text, so people can read what type of company Bose is. In short, I applied to their famous refund process and now the troubles starts again. They received headphones on 20th of June and since then they've postpone money refund for 3rd time. When they issued confirmation receipt, it clearly states that money should be returned 3-5 days if you payed via credit card (which I did). After 5 days I contacted them and got reply that it should be on my account from 7-10 business days. This has also passed by, so I contacted them again obviously frustrated, and they told me how money money should be from now another 10 days. It will be almost one month after they received headphones, so my as a customer am without my money and headphones! Talking about crooked company.

"Hi xxxxxxx,

Thank you very much for your response.

We can indeed see they have been delivered to our office in Belgium. 
We are investigating your case, and we will return to you as soon we have further information.

We are very sorrying for the delay and expect a answer soon."

"Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the procedure. We are doing what we can to get the refund expedited as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience. Once again we apologize for the delay. Have a lovely weekend."

And then again, blaming the banks, as banks are transferring money via donkeys, so it takes really long time...

"Hi xxxxxxx,
We fully understand your frusrations and have already escalated your case, so we can find a solution.
The time of the bank transfer depends on the bank included why we can only provide you with an estimation.
We hope for answers soon.
Have a nice weekend."

QC35satisfaction doesn't reply on email as well. They obviously don't give a sh!t...

Now let someone convince me again how Bose is super company and how rest of us only bitching for no reason!