Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

That seems to help yes, I've read other people's posts here that mentioned this before. I do think it has something to do with a faulty bluetooth antenna however; a colleague of mine has had the QC35's for some time now (think it's about 6 months) without any issue connected to two devices at the same time. My first headset had some drop-outs on both the original and latest firmware. My replacement had no issues at first on original and latest firmware but started dropping out after a week on one or two devices connected at the same time.

There must be something in the hardware design that is causing this because a lot of people experience issues. My bet would be a BT antenna that is not firmly positioned in the earcup. It's a shame Bose does not reply here or take these issues seriously and investigate other than offering a replacement.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

I've purchased (and returned) 2 sets of headphones with the stuttering issue when connected to only one device each, which in my case was a television, clearly not in my left pocket.

I concur it's a BT antenna problem.  I don't see why Bose hasn't changed suppliers and/or fixed the installation process, then announced they're offering new and improved headphones.  Maybe afraid of sparking more returns of previously purchased ones?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 13, 2017

I've just gone for a walk with my iPhone 6 in my left pocket and had two cases of stuttering.
If this is all it does,I can handle it.
Must admit I thought the wind noise only got through when you was in Talk mode through the microphone,then it's not that bad.

Ian
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

My QC35 sometimes stutters just because I turn my head, while playing music from the phone in my pocket.

I just figured Bluetooth kinda sucks?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

No bluetooth does not suck (although it could be better). The Bose QC35 sucks, stuttering when turning your head while your phone is within 1.5 meters range is not normal...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Yeah I have some far cheaper wireless headphones and they don't suffer from the constant dropouts. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

Haven't read all comments, but I had this problem, drove me mad for weeks, tried everything, was going to send my QC35 back, THEN I FIXED IT and it has NOT reoccurred since.

I was paired to iPhone, iMac and MacBook.

My solution (which nobody for some reason seems to know about) was to 

RESET THE BLUETOOTH MODULE on the secret bluetooth menu on your macs. Apparently something had got corrupted over the years.

You can find the "Debug" option by hitting Option Shift then clicking the bluetooth icon on top right of your mac screen.

There you will see "Reset the bluetooth module".

YMMD but if you have stuttering with macs, and haven't tried this, I suggest it's worth trying. I also tried the other things in that menu (remove all devices and factory reset Apple devices) but I think the Reset Bluetooth module did it.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Glad you found a solution.  

Still have the problem with my iPhone even when it is the only device in the ecosystem.

Currently waiting on an RMA for exchange from BOSE.  

I am HOPING:  Based on other user reports, they have updated the hardware or quality control and newer builds don't suffer from this issue as often.  

One might surmise:  Apparently the cut off dates (which builds are better) are related to the now-defunct amnesty program dates -- so in theory if you bought a set AFTER those dates, you should be okay?  

Mine was built before then but I didn't learn about the amnesty until after it had ended.  (Would have been nice if BOSE had contacted registered owners like me prior to closing down the amnesty rather than relying on us finding out about it on our own by stumbling across a random post in the forums -- or, as in my case, not finding out about it even though I was in the target group of owners. I've been an avid Bose headphone user for more than a decade.  This is my fourth set.  But if this was my first set of Bose cans, I'd be turned off the brand completely.)

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

I bought mine after the amnesty date but my production date was from before the amnesty date. As a result they did not retract stock laying around with retailers. Bose also isn't very clear on if they admit there is a production error they corrected.

* This message was typed listening to a stutter-free Sony MDR-1000X with AptX *

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

How are the issues in this thread "Solved"?