Daniel87
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Hello together

I just bought my QC35 (25.08.2017) and oviously i do have the same problem.

I am using difrent devices; HTC M9, a Asus Zenbook (about 3years old) and a mac book air (new generation)

I could not belife that i have this kind of problem after paying this big amount of money and now it does not work properly.

Im not willing investing more of my time to go back to the store and replace it. I would love to get another solution

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Take it back for a refund asap. 

pmasl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

I updated them via PC (not phone) and it's not breaking up anymore 🙂

I had updated via phone, said it had the latest firmware, but it was still having issues.

I read before in this thread, how if you connected via PC, you'd see the new firmware was NOT in fact installed. I did the update and it's been good ever since.

mcoomer
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Well, I finally remembered to get my headphones out for replacement.  I travel a lot (a lot) for business and kept forgetting to ship them.  Finally, in July I shopped them to Bose and received a new pair before my August trip.  The dropouts are dramatically better.  Just today I was working in the yard and when I came in the house at the end, my iPod was in the garage and I was able to walk through two doors and into the TV room before expeiencing drop outs.  That's two doors/walls and approximately 20'.  I feel pretty good about that.  My old set would drop out if I turned my head with the iPod in my back pocket.  

Mike

neil74
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I am on my second set of QC35s (purchased from different places so hopefully different batches)

Both shipped with 1.06 and when moving (walking only) the first set dropped audio several times a minute so I returned them immediately, the second set were slightly better out of the box and dropped audio roughly once a minute, when updated to the latest FW they are slightly better again but still dropping once every 2-3 minutes.  

I'm in 2 minds as to whether I now consider them acceptable or not, it is a lot of money and no other wireless headphones I have or have used recently do this, I currently also have B&W P7 and P5 wireless and Onkyo E700BTs, I have also used Beats Studio, beats x and Bose soundlink on-ear over the last 12 months.

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

@neil74 wrote:

I am on my second set of QC35s (purchased from different places so hopefully different batches)

Both shipped with 1.06 and when moving (walking only) the first set dropped audio several times a minute so I returned them immediately, the second set were slightly better out of the box and dropped audio roughly once a minute, when updated to the latest FW they are slightly better again but still dropping once every 2-3 minutes.  

I'm in 2 minds as to whether I now consider them acceptable or not, it is a lot of money and no other wireless headphones I have or have used recently do this, I currently also have B&W P7 and P5 wireless and Onkyo E700BTs, I have also used Beats Studio, beats x and Bose soundlink on-ear over the last 12 months.

They should be better than that.

I would get customer support to evaluate them and if they continue in that manner I would probably exchange -- under warranty if you are past the return window -- them if I were you. 

Later builds seem to be better.  I don't know that different batches make a difference except if you get a far more recent model. 

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

That's impressive. My replacement set are better but still drop out completely at 20 feet in open air when paired with an iPhone. 

@mcoomer wrote:

Well, I finally remembered to get my headphones out for replacement.  I travel a lot (a lot) for business and kept forgetting to ship them.  Finally, in July I shopped them to Bose and received a new pair before my August trip.  The dropouts are dramatically better.  Just today I was working in the yard and when I came in the house at the end, my iPod was in the garage and I was able to walk through two doors and into the TV room before expeiencing drop outs.  That's two doors/walls and approximately 20'.  I feel pretty good about that.  My old set would drop out if I turned my head with the iPod in my back pocket.  

Mike

pmasl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2017

If you connected them via cable to your computer, when going through the update, does it say it's *really* in the latest FW? Mine was updated via phone app, and showing latest FW, but not really. When I connected via PC, then it showed old FW, and then it really did update. All better now.

nat-h
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 23, 2017

Yep:

Software Updates
Your software is up to date.
Version 1.3.2

Introducing multiple ANR modes (high, low, and off), available through the Bose Connect mobile app. This update addresses voice prompt issues with Japanese and Mandarin, resolves a compatibility issue with Playstation VITA, fixes issues with WhatsApp and includes other bug fixes and enhancements.

@pmasl wrote:

If you connected them via cable to your computer, when going through the update, does it say it's *really* in the latest FW? Mine was updated via phone app, and showing latest FW, but not really. When I connected via PC, then it showed old FW, and then it really did update. All better now.

neil74
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I did the update via computer so it definitely updated ok