Steve95
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Hi. I have issues with stuttering about half-and month.

But dropouts are only in outside,it´s very annoying.

I don´t know where is problem,probably bluetooth receiver in my headphones ?

Thanks for reply 🙂

Highlighted
Kubo
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Hi there,

i have the same issues with drop out (qc35 ii).

Is there any chance of an official statement from Bose?

I'm thniking about sending them back to the vendor and getting the new noise canceling headphones from sony.

Best regards

Highlighted
vasily007
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

@Lukuz wrote:

Sorry, but you're powering your Bose headphones with this?

https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a5000-7167.php

I'm suprised the phone even turns on, let alone transmits to your Bose Q35s properly.

What's wrong with lenovo a5000? I've got one

And yes, there is a stuttering issue while listening to music from this, quite budget, gadget.

Similarly, there is the same issue being connected to a range of more expensive models including my spouse's new Sumsung S8.

I wouldn't put the poor quality of BT connectivity of QC35 down to the price category of our mobile gizmos. It's been tested and proved by many in this thread, that where cheap phones/cans work, QC sucks.

Highlighted
AYTifosi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

Just returned the Bose. Had two pair, both would drop out regularly.  Quite annoying. Just purchased the Sony 1000X.

Highlighted
raybies
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2017

At least you got to return yours.

Due to the non existent Bose customer service (also looking at you Tony no DM), and a reluctance to argue with the vendor, I figured I would try and augment the BT antenna... after all it should be a simple soldering job to fit a 2.4Ghz antenna and I've successfully done it before on some TV boxes... so it took the QC35's apart but I was unable to identify an augmentable antenna.

20171208_142054.jpg

They use a Qualcomm CSR 8670 BT Audio SoC; this does all the BT stuff, EQ and supports AptX, like these $25 ANC headphones: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-Product-Stereo-Active-Noise-Cancelling_60697163842.html

The chip is good and my primary laptop's BT chip is also a Qualcomm (Killer Atheros QCA61x4). So my guess is just poor PCB layout, and it's not like there isn't enough space to include a decent antenna.

20171208_142137.jpg

Reverse.

20171208_144736.jpg

ANC components are under glue (foreground).

20171208_145240.jpg

Nothing interesting on the left

20171208_145307.jpg

Went back together fine except my soldering iron melted the plastic a bit 😞

20171208_151530.jpg

Anyone know what this sensor is? Externally it is under the grill on the right cup.Capture.JPG

Highlighted
AYTifosi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2017

@raybies wrote:

At least you got to return yours.

Hey, wasn't trying to rub it in.  It sucks tha Bose won't step up and make it right.

Highlighted
raybies
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2017

@AYTifosi wrote:

Hey, wasn't trying to rub it in.  It sucks tha Bose won't step up and make it right.

I didn't interpret it that way, I was happy for you.

Highlighted
J0N4TH4N
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

I really wish Bose would step up, too these bluetooth connection issues are insane, my first one did not experience any of these issues.

(1st had to be replaced due to ANC performance issue's due to earcushion)

I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the iPhone's or Notebooks, Momentum2, MDR-1000, Beats Studio2 did not have any cutouts or stutter. The weird this is that after resetting the QC35 it performs well again for about 2/3 days before the problems resurface.

So i'm getting a replacement unit again. Although Bose Support is willing to replace faulty units here, its a shame that i have to return mine for a second time. It will probably be the last Bose product for me if my replacement unit will show the same symptoms.

Why wouldn't Bose activate the AptX function on these chips?

Highlighted
jhon
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

Knowing about Bluetooth chipset Is good Now bose needs to add aptx suport
Hope to see that soon as posible
Highlighted
gigashadowwolf
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

End of 2017 here. I bought these headphones and I would love them for almost everything but this problem makes them virtually unusable for their main purpose, shutting out the sound of the world around me to jam out to some music. This is rediculous for a nearly $400 retail product.

I have this problem when working off of every single bluetooth adaptor I can find for my PC. The best so far is the Avantree leaf which isn't a blutooth connection to the computer but blutooth audio device in and of itself. But still I only get about an hour or two max of streaming music before I start getting horrible stutter and drop out. I have to turn off my computer and turn it back on. The device is only about 10 inches from my face when I am at the computer as it also fuctions as my microphone, (because for some reason you disabled the microphone for use outside of phone calls) and I get the same stuttering whether right next to it or walking to my bedroom 20 feet away.

I have the problem on my android tablet Sony Xperia z4

I have the problem on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone.

I have the problem on my iPod Touch

I have the problem on my Macbook Pro.

I have the problem on my LG smart TV.

I have the problem on every single device I have tried so far. Bose offers little to no customer help. They used to be so amazing about this sort of thing. That is the primary reason why I chose them over the Sony 1000x. I have a pair of Bose QC2s that have lasted me almost 15 years. I am doubting I will even want to keep the QC35s longer than a year. Talk about buyer's remorse. The only thing I prefer about the Bose QC35s is the smart switching with two devices being able to hear my phone ring when I am using them for my computer is VERY nice. But what use is that if I can't hear my computer in the first place.

Please Bose. You are losing what you have left of a loyal fanbase. You dont have the best sound from an audiophiles standpoint. You don't have particularly great prices. But you made this up to people the same way Apple did. With dependable, high-quality, stylish products, with outstanding customer support to go with it. You have lost all of these except maybe the style. You are not diversified enough as a company to survive something like this. Slow down a bit on new products and spend some time making the ones you have (which haven't changed that much in 20 years) more dependable. Spend some time reinstituting your outstanding customer service where people can bring their sound systems or headphones in and expect actual solutions or replacements. You will not survive as a brand much longer the way you are going.