Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

dovla091 wrote:...as this is now epidemic proportions of people, not only on bose community but Reddit and other forums as well.

Certainly, if it's on the Internet, it must be true...

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 9.07.27 PM.png

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Do you by any chance use some sort of protective cover for your smartphone? I had similiar issues, and when I removed the cover, all of the stutter disappeared.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Ive tried everything and nothing seems to improve my connection.

iPhone in left trouser pocket, QC35 on head. If i look left all is good. If i look right quite often the headphones will cut out. I cant believe just this small movement can effect these headphones so badly. None of my other brand's are effected like this, nor my Soundlink on ear headphones.  It also seems to be worse if i move my head quickly, like you would when trying to cross the road. Ive had a few near misses with bikes as I'm trying not to move my head to the right too much. 

I'm on my second pair, and i don't believe its a batch issue as my GF has a much newer pair and hers does it. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

It shouldn't matter. They are two different standards, so my answer would be NO. Regarding question if I have any cover on the phone, only 0.4mm thin layer of protecting glass, and this doesn't have affect on wireless signal what so ever. Again, 3 times cheeper Sony works without issues...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Are you on Bose paycheck or you are just that arrogant to troll people. In Bose Denmark they admitted ​that they had some issues with BT chips on some phones which people reported and that they will send new one via RMA. So my question is, do you feel at least bit stupid right now?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

@dovla091 wrote:
Are you on Bose paycheck or you are just that arrogant to troll people. In Bose Denmark they admitted ​that they had some issues with BT chips on some phones which people reported and that they will send new one via RMA. So my question is, do you feel at least bit stupid right now?

What does this mean? Are they sending out new iPhones lol. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

No. Again, I understand that there are lot of Bose fan boys. But let's be honest, if you have several devices that work with other Bluetooth devices, and only Bose QC35 is causing us a problem, than logic is quite clear. Bose engineers messed up with this either by placing too small antenna or that they implemented poor BT chip, either way, they screwed something up. Speaking of, on Bose official site you cannot see specs of the BT. Which vendor, specs, anything. Is Bose hide something? I mean on other vendors you can get info such as broadcom BMCxxxxxx and you know what is inside, in case of Bose there are literally no trace. Second, when someone is trying to sell me the story that BT is using similar frequency as microwave and that body is up to 70% of water and that it blocks signal, that is just a bull**bleep**! I mean regarding frequency yes, that is true, and body is between 50-70% water, but that this is a main cause of the problem, that body absorbs all radio waves is just silly! Or even better, once I got suggestion to place phone in right pocket in a jacket and minimize the movement of the head... Carrying a jacket in the middle of the Summer..., Sure, anything else? To cut the story short, if people wanted to have cables around, they would go for Denon, Grado, Sennheiser (at least in my case). I bought them specifically to have freedom of movement. If I knew that I would have so much bs from Bose fanboys zombies while reporting the problem, I would never bought them. Instead I would ​go for MDR1000X and have peace of my mind.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

@dovla091 wrote:

No. Again, I understand that there are lot of Bose fan boys. But let's be honest, if you have several devices that work with other Bluetooth devices, and only Bose QC35 is causing us a problem, than logic is quite clear. Bose engineers messed up with this either by placing too small antenna or that they implemented poor BT chip, either way, they screwed something up. Speaking of, on Bose official site you cannot see specs of the BT. Which vendor, specs, anything. Is Bose hide something? I mean on other vendors you can get info such as broadcom BMCxxxxxx and you know what is inside, in case of Bose there are literally no trace. Second, when someone is trying to sell me the story that BT is using similar frequency as microwave and that body is up to 70% of water and that it blocks signal, that is just a bull**bleep**! I mean regarding frequency yes, that is true, and body is between 50-70% water, but that this is a main cause of the problem, that body absorbs all radio waves is just silly! Or even better, once I got suggestion to place phone in right pocket in a jacket and minimize the movement of the head... Carrying a jacket in the middle of the Summer..., Sure, anything else? To cut the story short, if people wanted to have cables around, they would go for Denon, Grado, Sennheiser (at least in my case). I bought them specifically to have freedom of movement. If I knew that I would have so much bs from Bose fanboys zombies while reporting the problem, I would never bought them. Instead I would ​go for MDR1000X and have peace of my mind.

Toally agree. My Bose Sounlinks work preferly and ive never experinced drop outs frorm these, using them exactyly as i do my QC35's. The range is also better. So this is a comparison between same brand and it shows Bose CAN get it right. I also have a few cheap BT headphones that also have much more stable BT. Its a design flaw pure and simple, and not a good one for a product that costs so much.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

If you're not pleased, take it back to the retailer and get your money back. See how simple it is? It's also a lot more courteous than calling those that disagree "fan boys."
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Well if you can arrange that I will get full refund of what I payed, I will be more than happy to return it and have less time wasted on you and your clones.

@Socrates wrote:
If you're not pleased, take it back to the retailer and get your money back. See how simple it is? It's also a lot more courteous than calling those that disagree "fan boys."