Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

Absolutely no point trying to find a fix for it, its a hardware fault.  Live and adapt with it or go elsewhere.

Ive had two pairs, and used my girlfriends pair. All identical faults and all been on different FW.

Saying that, Ive decided the pros outweigh the cons, so Ive decided to live with it (although i am getting them replaced so I'll be on my 4th soon). I find a few things can effect it. I have no issues with suit trousers, but do with jeans. I also find atmospherics can play a part. Some days i hardly notice the issue, other days it's annoying. I did try moving my phone to the right hand pocket and that worked much better, but i dont want it in that pocket.

Its a shame a premium product has this issue, its not like its the first time Bose has made wireless headphones, but the ANC is second to none and that's why i got them. 

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@Dave_bass5 wrote:

Absolutely no point trying to find a fix for it, its a hardware fault.  Live and adapt with it or go elsewhere.

Ive had two pairs, and used my girlfriends pair. All identical faults and all been on different FW.

Saying that, Ive decided the pros outweigh the cons, so Ive decided to live with it (although i am getting them replaced so I'll be on my 4th soon). I find a few things can effect it. I have no issues with suit trousers, but do with jeans. I also find atmospherics can play a part. Some days i hardly notice the issue, other days it's annoying. I did try moving my phone to the right hand pocket and that worked much better, but i dont want it in that pocket.

Its a shame a premium product has this issue, its not like its the first time Bose has made wireless headphones, but the ANC is second to none and that's why i got them. 

Two things that I don't get. First you suggest that it is obvious flaw so bygone...?!?!? For quite expensive headphones, they should work no matter what. Premium you say? Looking at number of people reporting issues like Bluetooth and ANC after firmware, I am sorry not even close. Another thing, if someone sells a brand new car, and this car has flaw or is defective, you get either repair or new that works or you are entitled for full refund, in their world they only ship you back same defective headphones and call it even. Whe worst part is that some folks on this community site is even supporting that behavior, so my question is am I nuts or...?

Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

@dovla091 wrote:

@Dave_bass5 wrote:

Two things that I don't get. First you suggest that it is obvious flaw so bygone...?!?!? For quite expensive headphones, they should work no matter what. Premium you say? Looking at number of people reporting issues like Bluetooth and ANC after firmware, I am sorry not even close. Another thing, if someone sells a brand new car, and this car has flaw or is defective, you get either repair or new that works or you are entitled for full refund, in their world they only ship you back same defective headphones and call it even. Whe worst part is that some folks on this community site is even supporting that behavior, so my question is am I nuts or...?

No you are right, these are budget headphones and not premium. Silly me, i thought £300 was enough to get me out of the bargain basement 😉

Look, not everyone uses thier headphones like i do. My Gf uses hers with her phone in her bag and has no issues at all. 

Of course this is no excuse, there should be no issues at all, BUT its not effecting everyone, and people can make thier own choice if they return them or live with them. 

Bose ARE offering a full refund so they are being at least reasonable about this. 

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

@Dave_bass5 wrote:

@dovla091 wrote:

@Dave_bass5 wrote:

No you are right, these are budget headphones and not premium. Silly me, i thought £300 was enough to get me out of the bargain basement 😉

Look, not everyone uses thier headphones like i do. My Gf uses hers with her phone in her bag and has no issues at all. 

Of course this is no excuse, there should be no issues at all, BUT its not effecting everyone, and people can make thier own choice if they return them or live with them. 

Bose ARE offering a full refund so they are being at least reasonable about this. 

Speaking of premium we have different view. You are aiming for the price while I for quality. Speaking of quality, when it comes to sound they are quite good but everything else is definitely below standard. Usually I don't bitch about, but I wasted whole lot of time (which I lack) for something that should work. I really don't have time do a ping pong game between UPS and Bose. I bought them because of 3 things. 1 and most important is wireless. I hate cables, for the same reason I don't have workstation but laptop. I love mobility. 2. Is ANC, so while I travel with plane or other public transport, that they can reduce noise. 3. Sound quality (here I don't have any complaints)...

I contacted Bose Denmark and ask them to do a full refund and to send them those back.

Dave_bass5
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

Don't get me wrong, i totally agree that this is not how a premium product should work, but at £300 they are classed as a premium product price wise. 

I'm not an audiophinle, but as a working musician these are the best Ive ever used. Maybe they just suit my hearing better, but they have been a great help when i have to learn new (bass) parts for songs etc.

They are also the best ANC Ive used, as i walk though central london to and from work being able to cut out all the traffic noise has been worth the minor inconvenience of the occasion stuttering. 

Just me maybe.

Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

@dovla091 wrote:

Another thing, if someone sells a brand new car, and this car has flaw or is defective, you get either repair or new that works or you are entitled for full refund, in their world they only ship you back same defective headphones and call it even. Whe worst part is that some folks on this community site is even supporting that behavior, so my question is am I nuts or...?

I  bought my first brand new car in June of 1964 (Chevy Malibu Super Sport convertible) and, since then, have bought a new car every two or three years and, believe me, I've had some real turkeys.  No way in the world will any automobile manufacturer provide a full refund.

dovla091
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 11, 2017

You are absolutely right. No argue on that, but they would provide solution and fixed the flaw (example with VW and gas emitting). Bose cannot provide solution except to shuffle new one until you get fed of or do what is moral and say, OK we have issues on quite substantial amount of devices. Those who are not satisfied with product, we will issue a refund. This is moral thing to do. Some of them like Apple ignore customers completely and after some time they get sued and had to pay damages...

I don't have tendency to criticize or damage Bose reputation in any way by providing my observation on those headphones that I tested, but just to make point so they start taking thing seriously. I really used too much time on calling them and waiting for new headphones to see that they are flawed as well. Only what I desired was to enjoy the product that I bought, nothing else.

Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

@dovla091 wrote:

You are absolutely right. No argue on that, but they would provide solution and fixed the flaw (example with VW and gas emitting). Bose cannot provide solution except to shuffle new one until you get fed of or do what is moral and say, OK we have issues on quite substantial amount of devices. Those who are not satisfied with product, we will issue a refund. This is moral thing to do. Some of them like Apple ignore customers completely and after some time they get sued and had to pay damages...

I don't have tendency to criticize or damage Bose reputation in any way by providing my observation on those headphones that I tested, but just to make point so they start taking thing seriously. I really used too much time on calling them and waiting for new headphones to see that they are flawed as well. Only what I desired was to enjoy the product that I bought, nothing else.

Another bad example.  VW knowingly and willingly broke the law.

mcoomer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Just found the thread with the refund/exchange information and asked for an exchange of my headphones.  Even after the last update I have stuttering problems with all my Bluetooth sources (MacBook Pro, iPod, iPad, Note 7).  Looks like they've set a June 1st deadline for contacting them so if you want an exchange I'd get on it.  Email address is QC35Satisfaction@ (you can guess the domain, I'm sure) , and you need to include your forum user name and serial number to participate.  Receipt/proof of purchase is also recommended to expidite the process.  There is a thread at the top of the wireless headphone forum page with the info.

Good luck,

Mike

Community Manager

Hi, Everyone.

Please, let's keep the discussion on QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs.

From the Bose Community Guidelines

1. Be respectful.
    Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.

Thank you.

ST