Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2017

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I am not an appologist for Bose. I'm not an emplyee nor a fanboy. I too had severe stuttering that was greatly dissappointing. Every second or third day, I'd have to turn bluetooth off and then on again to fix the issue for a two or three days before the stuttering would occur again. It would happen with iTunes on my iMac. No issue until I'd play something from iTunes. As soon as I pressed play, the computer's CPU was so affected by the issue that it was all i could do to get the cursor onto the stop button in iTunes. As soon as I stopped iTunes the stuttering stopped. With an old USB mouse, I'd turn bluetooth off and back on and the stuttering was gone.

I reasoned that Bose and Apple are updating software on an on-going basis. Perhaps my up-to-date headphones superceded the Mac's OS and they were "missaligned" so to speak. I updated the Mac's OS to the latest version. Bingo! The issue appears to be gone. Three weeks have passed without shutting down the computer and no stuttering when I turn on the Q35s and listen to iTunes. Moreover, the range has increased noticablly. On rare occasion, I might get a dropout when I turn my head. That might happen once in a listening session. I've not had occasion to test with my portable devices.

I share the above not as a fanboy but as someone wanting to be fair. I share my experience with the hope that it might be useful to someone else. I appreciate the frustrating disappointment of a product that is failing to meet the promise of the brochure.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

One more thing that I noticed. Much more frequent dropouts are on devices BT 4.1 comparing to BT 4.2, also when only one BT device is connected to the headphones, it appears that it has less stuttering issues, but when you connect two or more then stuttering occurs more frequently...
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @ak,

@AK wrote:

Hey Community Manager,

Instead of reposting the community guidelines while allowing toxic "strident supporters" to write whatever they want, how about you actually do your job and remove the posts? ... full post

I have started a new discussion for this. Please see: Concern about Moderation

Thank you.

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 19, 2017

Frankly, I havent used many BT devices before the QC35 so Im new to the technology.
But, Im getting more and more convinced that this is a general BT issue.
If I have clear LOS between Right earcup and the device I can be over 10 meters from the source with no issues.

Physical barriers are the problem, which makes sense in the context of the technology which is, basically a weak radio signal broadcast.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Everybody,

We welcome comments about your personal experiences from all sides on this topic: great and not-so-great. We want to hear from you.  If you've found something that works for you, please tell us about it. Someone else will benefit.

Let's keep the tone positive and the focus on your own direct experiences.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Speaking of "wanna hear from you" are there any engineers here from Bose? I mean, we are giving input about testing this and how they can reproduce issue and start possibility eliminating problem for next gen of headphones...
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Now I had enough. For this how Bose is handling customers, I will use as much time possible to warn people not to buy their devices as they are obviously a crooks!

"Hi *****

We are very sorry that you experience unexpected loss of bluetooth connections."

(Yeah, I can see that they are literally crying)

Thank you for testing with different devices.

"As the quote says, it can cause connectivity issues. That means that we cannot guarranty that the connection will be working, but yes, it can work, as you have experienced."

(**bleep**?!?!? We are literally selling out freaking expensive devices and we CANNOT GUARANTEE. Talking about fraud!)

"Unfortunatly, we cannot offor you a return. The best solution we can offer is a service replacement."

(Yeah, scr*** ethics, we took your money and we will shuffle our cr** until you get fed and stop asking for justice!)

"We kindly ask you to go through these two steps, before sending in your headphones:
- Please make sure that the devices bluetooth supports A2DP.
- Please perform a product reset.
1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly."

(Now, the 5 year old kid would probably understand so far that I did all of their troubleshooting and even more by testing everything! And yeah, why not wasting more time by copy- paste from retarded manuals!!!)

Is this how Bose is handling people. Never again any of their products I will buy. And I will take as much possible of my time to show people how they perform a scam!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2017

Bose stuff, you can delete my posts as much as you like, but this won't stop me for posting else where. To show whole picture how Bose is handling and treating customers.!

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @dovla091

Your post above got caught by our automated spam filter. When I found it there a few minutes ago, I released it.  Please see

What Happened to my Post?

for more details.

Thanks!

ST

@dovla091 wrote:

Bose stuff, you can delete my posts as much as you like, but this won't stop me for posting else where. To show whole picture how Bose is handling and treating customers.!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

@dovla091 wrote:

But its not the whole picture is it? Not everyone has been treated like you have (not sure how you have been treated, i tuned out when it all got heated), and i assume if you are going to post honest remarks you will make that clear.