Steven J
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

Re: QC35 Bluetooth Stuttering/Drop-outs

I have turned off Alexia on my iPhone app options and had no problems since. Its an iPhone SE. I did not want this feature in first place!
bertb
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Thanks https://community.bose.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/118425 for your suggestion!

My QC-35 headphones were paired with an iPad, MacBook Pro and iPhone. When playing music from the iPhone, and iPad in reach but no audio playback, I experienced short gaps in audio every 30-60 seconds from the music played on my iPhone. After deleting all pairings (switch power to off, and hold switch to on position until message of “Bluetooth device list cleared” is heard), and pairing the headphones to the iPhone only, the gaps are gone!

Not sure about the firmware version, but the issue is quite reproducible and hopefully fixed soon or possibly solved already!

skc_fries
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

I still see people having issues with the QC35.  Mine is when using my ipad and watching Netflix.  It drops off without fail.  What is the current fix?  Thanks.

Steve95
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

I´m so glad that I didn´t update my QC 35s for 2 years 🙂

I´m satisfied with fw 1.3.2 

sbergin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

I just picked up a pair of QC 35 series 2 (AE serial number) as refurbs through the Bose eBay store. I updated them to firmware 3.03 in iOS last night (because I didn’t know any better). I used them today for the first time while I did yard work. I was first clearing some large limbs from my yard, throwing them in a pile, and the dropouts were very frequent. I also noticed that it would occasionally skip ahead in tracks while in the middle of a song. I was listening to Apple Radio throughout and my iPhone XS was in my back pocket the entire time. Voice command was ON, although I never used it. ANC was at the highest rating. 

I then switched to some grass cutting on my riding mower and the problem all but went away (I think it dropped out once in 90 minutes?). Again, the phone was in my back pocket. Settings on the headphones were the same. 

At some point I disabled WiFi on my phone as a troubleshooting step just in case I was going in and out of range of my in-home WiFi, not sure if that contributed to the reduction or not. I should probably try again with tracks that are local to my phone and don’t require a network connection. 

It’s interesting to me that the headphones seemed to be more consistent around the drone of my mower engine noise than the relative quiet of my grunting and groaning with heavy objects and no background noise. 

I just used the web updater to re-run the 3.03 update, not sure what to expect the next time around. 

jukka
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

My Bose qc35 earcushions broke off just under a year but i got them under the warranty.

Now they started to disconnect during phone calls, the voice just fades away, no disconnect sound or nothing.. every time after one or two minutes!

I have android phone.

This sucks specially when paid more than 300 for these

Hi Jukka, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to the community for support. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

So that I don't get you to repeat any steps can you please confirm if you have attempted any troubleshooting so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

B.Maddox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

After much aggravation, I finally solved my stuttering issue and it was very simple. I found that I cannot be connected to 2 devices at the same time. I watch a lot of movies on my laptop which is where the stuttering was happening but I am usually connected to my phone as well. While the headphones were stuttering, I disconnected my phone and walla, it stopped and hasn't done it since. It's not necessary to disconnect while it's doing it just make sure only one device is connected at a time.  

burtmacklin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I am in exactly the same boat. I had the worst time with my headphone paired to my work PC and my Pixel 3. Same issue persisted with a new Bluetooth adapter and even a new phone. If I got a text message, anything playing from my PC would stutter every few seconds until I powered off the headphones. So much for using the Google Assistant, I wish I would have kept my AE2's.

TesOmega
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

Cannot connect two bluetooth devices to the device at the same time, disconnect phone if you phone and laptop connected to the same device. This one step has removed all stuttering/breaking audio issues for me.