orn
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2019

QC35 I microphone volume very very low

Hello,

My QC35 version 1 headset suddenly has an incredibly low volume on the microphone on calls. People don't hear me unless I shout. Further, the ANC was working very very poorly.

I read the forums and saw suggestions that the if the ear pads are worn down, it can cause bad ANC, so I bought replacement pads and just finished replacing them.

The ANC is a little better (still not as good as originally), but the microphone issue is still exactly the same. I have to shout to have anything picked up.

I have tried resetting it via all methods described in the forums, I have updated it via the website updater to the newest firmware, but it makes no difference.

Am I doomed? Have the microphones just failed in a soft way? I really wish I could revert my firmware to make sure that it isn't a software issue. Local Bose retailer says there's nothing to be done as it's out of warranty.

21 REPLIES 21
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC35 I microphone volume very very low

Hello orn,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QuietComfort 35 headphones. I would be more than happy to help you out, I would recommend that you try a product reset. Please follow the steps below:

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
• Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
• Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
• Turn on the headset

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

orn
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2019

As stated I have already tried that, and it did not resolve the issue.
Jeff_G

Hello orn, 

I'm sorry to hear the suggested troubleshooting did not help to resolve your poor microphone level issue.

I would recommend you check to ensure the microphone ports are free of debris as this can have a negative effect on performance. Additionally, if you haven't already tried, please test the headphones with another device to see if you experience the same problem. 

If the issue persists, please visit this website, then choose your country, then visit the contact page to discuss service options with a Bose support agent. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
orn
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Hello,

Unfortunately for me, my country isn't listed on the support website.

Which microphone is the one used for voice calls? How do you recommend cleaning them? With compressed air?

Regards,

Örn

Jeff_G

Hello orn, 

What country are you based in? I will check what support options are available in your country. 

The microphone is located on the right earcup next to the power switch and the Bose logo. Please gently wipe them with a cloth, do not use compressed air as any potential debris will just be pushed further into the microphone port.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
SergiiF
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I have exactly the same issue - my voice is barely heard by other parties. Neither reset nor volume control setup adjustment helped me. Please update the thread if you found any solution.

Hector_B

Hi SergiiF, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are also having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm if this issue also occurs when you connect the headphones to another device? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SergiiF
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi Hector,

yes, the problem replicates on all the devices I tried. Noize cancelling is turned off. When I scream directly into the microphone other party starts barely hear me so, for me it looks like some problem with microphone sensitivity.

Hector_B

Hi SergiiF, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

As the issue still persists after these steps,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that I can't assist you further via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B