mdem5
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

QC35 II High Pitched Feedback

Have only had my QC35 II's for about a week and today they were producing this awful, loud screeching feedback when I turned them on before putting them over my ears (battery was around 40%). This only happened some of the time, and I know that the feedback was easily eliminated when I put my head between the speakers, but still- I feel like this shouldn't happen at all... Why are my brand-new headphones screeching like that?? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II High Pitched Feedback

Hello mdem5, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you're having this feedback with your new QuietComfort 35 II headphones. 

Do the headphone cushions appear to be securely attached?

If so, I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.