mg95
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

QC35 II - Mac choppy microphone after update

Hello,

I updated my Bose headphones yesterday and today, when I tried to have a phone call on my new Macbook Pro (2019 - Catalina 10.15.2), my voice was choppy. I verified that it is so with both online voice recording apps and the voice memo app of my Mac. When I make voice recordings on my phone (iPhone 5S - 11.3.1) or my old Mac (2015 - Sierra 10.12.6), I can hear myself perfectly fine. I tried unpairing the device, debugging the bluetooth, downloading updates from the Mac app and all else I could find online, but to no avail. The audio doesn't have any problems. Is there anything I can do? It worked fine before this new update.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II - Mac choppy microphone after update

Hi mg95,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using headphones mic with your MacBook and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, did you notice this issue start after updating your headphones or your computer? There have been a few reports of Bluetooth issues on the Apple forums after the Catalina update and this could be related.

Either way, what I would recommend you first do to resolve this is reset your headphones. To do this you need to:

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headphones.

If you are still having trouble after that, you should clear the pairing between the headphones and the MacBook Pro and reconnect them. To clear the pairing list on your headphones, turn the headphones on, then slide the power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold until you hear a notification. 

After clearing the pairing on both devices, reconnect them and test the microphone again.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.