midjomeister
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

QC35 II Microphone amplifies background noise when using siri and in calls. Changes possible?

I just got the QC35 II and have learned everything important. However one thing that interested me was that when i was testing siri and calling up someone using the headphones i noticed the microphone amplifying noises from the backround. What the purpose of it while using siri or being in a call was i don't know, but what i do know is that that amplifying could be a nice feature to have for the action button. I think it would be very useful to have the possibility to not have to take off the headphones or turning down the noise cancellation and still hear someone talking to you poorly, at the same time as having the possibility to isolate the headphones from disturbing backround noises when talking on the phone.

If the feature is not already existing, please take note and put this in an update. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC35 II Microphone amplifies background noise when using siri and in calls. Changes possible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by midjomeister

Hello @midjomeister,

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

We appreciate the feedback! I can foresee this being helpful to a people who use these headphones, and have passed the suggestion onto our development team.

We do already have a product that uses a similar feature to this - these are our Bose Hearphones, which can help assist and enhance audio that might be quieter or difficult to hear, so hopefully it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Liam_W - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Re: QC35 II Microphone amplifies background noise when using siri and in calls. Changes possible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by midjomeister

Hello @midjomeister,

Thanks for taking the time to post, and welcome to the Community!

We appreciate the feedback! I can foresee this being helpful to a people who use these headphones, and have passed the suggestion onto our development team.

We do already have a product that uses a similar feature to this - these are our Bose Hearphones, which can help assist and enhance audio that might be quieter or difficult to hear, so hopefully it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Liam_W - Community Support

Eyal From NY
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

Dear Liam

What did development answer in regards to phone calls and other side hears the background noises at starbucks.

I recorded myself on iPhone memos and I also heared the loud background noises (That wearing the headsets can hardly hear)

Is there anyone in this forum that goes to starbucks, make a call and the individual on the other side of the call won't hear the noise more than you?

By the way. I called Bose support with the QC35 II few minutes ago, when he said there is a loud noise from the background I just said "This is what I called for" . I have Platronics bluetooth 5200 and the problem does not exists there.

Perhaps some QC35II headsets using different hardware than others?

Highlighted
Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

@Eyal From NY wrote:

Dear Liam

What did development answer in regards to phone calls and other side hears the background noises at starbucks.

I recorded myself on iPhone memos and I also heared the loud background noises (That wearing the headsets can hardly hear)

Is there anyone in this forum that goes to starbucks, make a call and the individual on the other side of the call won't hear the noise more than you?

By the way. I called Bose support with the QC35 II few minutes ago, when he said there is a loud noise from the background I just said "This is what I called for" . I have Platronics bluetooth 5200 and the problem does not exists there.

Perhaps some QC35II headsets using different hardware than others?

Made my day :))

proprioIO
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

QC35 II amplifies background noise when using microphone

Hi there,

I'm writing this after long search in forums where I found similar complains but no solution.
Then I want to share my experience hoping to help solve this annoying situation.

I've buyed my QC35II at the beginning of September, in Italy.

Serial number ends with AZ and product was made in Feb 2019 (according to the Bose Connect App)

The issue is that every time I open any application or software that uses microphone, my QC35II seems to "open" all his microphones and starts to send all background noises very loud in my ears.

This appens both when using with iPhone/iPad than with Laptop Windows or MacBook.

For istance, to experience it is enough to open Sound setting in Mac Os and go to the "input" tab: if you select QC35II input every noise comes in your ears, if you select any other microphone any noise disappears.

This happens with any of 3 level of ANC.

I've contacted local support withouth any success.
What to do? Really I bought a so bad product from Bose?
I don't want believe it!

Please let me know your experience or tohoughts