Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: QC35 II amplifies background noise when using microphone

I bought these based off of recommendations from Best Buy for an office environment. The background noise is terrible here.  Just as bad as starbucks if not worse.  We have loud keyboards here and folks on my calls hear the clicking as if it is me doing it. They folks typing are are 20ft away but when I use my iphone headphones they don't here all the little loud noises but everyone talking. In my opinion due to the lack of response from BOSE they could care less and its my best option to return these. 

Which Sony or other brand has a better mic and is comparable to the bose sound quality? My research begins.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

@Dns12231997! Petruska  I heard that Sennhieser works pretty well...I have not done enough research but a colleague of mine is using it during conference meeting and we barely hear background noises. Can't remember the model though but its as expensive as Bose 700.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Most of them dont have this problem. It is unique To this headphone but the problem is they dont have the same sound quality. 

It is a pity such a big company can't calibrate its microphone properly. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

how do I stop hearing my own mic while I'm in a call?  I'm  trying to use my mic and listen to music at the same time, but as soon as the mic is engaged i hear my voice and all the noise around it's paired with my PC (external Bluetooth 4.0 dongle, windows 10 Pro)?

i read a lot of post about this issue and no one seems to have found a solution. even saw a petition for bose to fix this. is there any news on how to fix it? since i costs quiet a lot for not working headset functionality. I always wanted Bose for sound quality. but if i knew this issue i would't have bought it.

Still i hope there is a way to fix this (without disabling mic or using cable.... i have wired headphones for that..).

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

i, no mic works fine. its just picks up all noise around me my voice keyboard clicks etc, it loops back. there is numerous posts about this issue from quite a while ago. but i wanted to know if you actually done something to fix it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

So Bose Team, you are constantly going to ignore your customer ? I paid more thant 300$ for this helmet and I cannot have a quiet conversion without hearing an awful background noise ?

Be professional. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Yeah. I regret marking this as 'solved' after seeing nothing really came out of it. Was expecting the wheels to start turning when i saw their reply of forwarding this request to the development team.

Sorry to anyone who maybe got excited seeing their question marked as 'solved' only to discover that it isn't

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

My question is for the moderators of this forum.

Why did you put my new topic under another topic which doesn't have a solution for my problem and marked as solved?

Even the creator of that topic doesn't agree with the problem being solved.

Hearing background noises being a nice feature in headphones doesn't make it as a solution. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@Kaherdin 

This isn’t an issue. It meant to be like that to prevent you to got run over. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

QC35 II amplifies background noise when using bluetooth microphone. But it works fine with cable.

It so disappointed about the quality of the this QC35 II. I not even a year old. I try to reset with the usb trick. Change the from Iphone to android.  Downgrade to lower version of firmware. But the issue is still the same.

I contact the support and got my QC35 II exchange for a new one. But it didn’t help.

It seem that it’s suppose to work this way. What should I do here?