Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: QC35 II amplifies background noise when using bluetooth microphone

@Machjo 

This isn’t an issue. It meant to be like that to prevent you to got run over. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Re: QC35 II amplifies background noise when using microphone

People can run over simply while they listen to music, specially on Noise Canceling headphones. Why we dont hear background noises while listening to music then? 

I expect that I could hear clearly both the music or the voice of the person I am talking too. Other headphones could provide that function. I am expecting Bose ,a well known company to provide it sufficiently. 

I am not saying removing the microphone completely so we couldn't hear our own voices but designing the microphone that won't pickup noises miles away is at least expected. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@Lencas

This isn’t an issue, it meant to be like that. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@afsh 

If under ‘other  headphones’ you meant Sonys and Sennheisers, their behaviour on voice calls are exactly the same, amplified surroundings. 

From he ANC flagships, only found the Nuraphones and Beats Solo Pros behave differently under these circumstances, they allow the users to switch on and off the surrounding noise during phone calls. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update this thread. We’ve passed along your interest in a different solution for managing background noise when using the mic to the development team, but we don’t have an update on this yet. We’ll make sure to update you if we have more news! Until then, please continue to use this thread to discuss this topic.

@midjomeister, if you feel that the post you accepted as the solution to your question is no longer adequate, you can remove the solution marker by clicking on the 3 dots on the top right handside of the post and selecting 'not solution'.

Not the solution.PNG

@afsh, in order to make the Community easy to navigate and ensure that users can find as much information as possible regarding the topic they are interested in, we aim to merge threads that relate to similar subjects whenever possible.

Thank you all for you participation on our Community and all the best.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

@Anne_S 
Now I understand why Wayne_M isn’t responding anymore...Should I forward his messages to you? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Seekay, Wayne_M is still very much here but I'm happy to help if you have any questions 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

@Seekay "It's meant to be like that so you don't get run over.."

That makes total sense. Except for 3 things.

1) There are many many ways that it can tell I’m not standing in the street. I could tell it manually and In settings. It can tell that I’m on my home Wi-Fi or office Wi-Fi or use the Geo location in my app to know that I’m not moving and that I’m at home.

2) It could simply have a disclaimer in the sign-up process for the purchase process that would even serve double duty as marketing. Something like… The noise cancellation on these is so incredibly amazing that you should never use it while in traffic. On foot. do not use while crossing railroad tracks with eyes forward. Do not use while navigating a rope bridge around vultures. Stuff like that.

3) I'm an adult.

Anyone got experience with this: https://www.headsetbuddy.com/clearmic-noise-cancelling-boom-microphone-for-bose-qc35/ (it promises to fix the issue; though wired. I'll buy it in a heartbeat if I can confirm it doesn't cancel the active noise cancellation of the Bose.. )

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

would be really great if you could just toggle that option in the app. i hope we will get some good news soon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

+1 to add an option on the app to enable or not noise cancellation with mic.