Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 28, 2019

QC35 II Notification bug

So just trying to go along with my studies and I was using my QC 35 II's and heard a continuous ring from my notifications to find out its just one text. Did some troubleshooting and reset my bluetooth list on the headphones as well as clearing it from my device, but still heard a continuous ring from one notification as if I had multiple notifications ringing at the same time. Best way to describe the "continuous ringing" it would be turning off Airplane mode from your phone and hearing a flurry of ringtones from texts and messenger apps after a long flight. Is there a possible fix to this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II Notification bug

Hello Renegon,

Thank you very much for your message and welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing this notifications issue with your headphones, but I would love to try and get this resolved for you. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

I would also ensure that your headphones are updated to the latest firmware. If you connect your headphones to your computer via USB and visit THIS LINK this will provide you with instructions on how to update your headset. 

I would also like a little extra understanding on the issue you are experiencing. Is your mobile device muted from sound notifications when this happens? If you have not attempted this please would you test this out for me. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Hi there Tegan, sorry for the delay in the reply, had to double check my headphones after the reset for a few days. Unfortunately the reset has not worked, removed Bose from my BT pairing list on my Note 8 and vice versa. After connecting the QC35II back, it still occurred. The moment I disconnect my headset, my phone notifications began to mimic the error playing in my headphones where it also overlaps itself when it is mute and on do not disturb.

I've used another pair of BT headphones to do an isolation test, and worked fine, but the issue occurs whenever I connect to the QC35II
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I'm having the same problem while connected with my S8+.

Sometimes happens with my phone on silent mode. Doesn't happen with any other BT headphones I have...