Captainsmart
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

QC35 II Quality Bluetooth or Wired

Hi Everyone.

Can some of you please tell me if the QC35 II will sound different quality using Bluetooth vs wired?
I will using iPhone XS and Spotify.

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Re: QC35 II Quality Bluetooth or Wired

Hi Captainsmart! Thank you for your post.

There is no sound quality difference between whether you choose to use your headphones via Bluetooth or with the provided audio cable. However, if you do choose to use the audio cable, the headphones will have to be powered on to experience the ANC feature. Therefore, if you use the audio cable and the headphones have no power, you will not experience the noise cancelling feature.

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions we can answer for you.

Warm Regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Dargu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hey Sam
On the quest to get better quality, Im thinking about upgradibg to Tidal + getting a DAC (likely the dragonfly). Couple of questions
-Can I connect my QC35 to the DAC? This would be both on a smartphone (Pixel3) and on my laptop
-Will that give me a quality uplift?

Any other tips to improves quality will be appreciated

Hello Dargu, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Unfortunately, as the DAC is not a Bose product we cannot confirm if this will increase your audio quality. I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturers of the DAC to check compatibility with other products. 

If any user in the Community has any previous experience on this I would love to hear how you got on!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W