Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

QC35 II Update Fail - Now semi bricked? Please help!

Hi all,

I recently tried using the web based bose updater, got to about 70% and then disconnected randomly and asked me to unplug and plug back in.

Since attempting the update again, on different PCs, different browsers, trying the reset, nothing works. The headphones also are not detected by the Connect app on my phone, and have tried multiple devices.

When turned on, the green LED lights up. However, any button I press just plays a 4 note jingle, and I cannot manually enter it into pairing mode.

The headphones were working perfectly fine before I attempted the web based update.

Please help!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: QC35 II Update Fail - Now semi bricked? Please help!

Hey,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like there may be a hardware fault with the headset, but we can take a look into this. Have you tried resetting the headphones? This can be done by:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via a USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Should the issue persist, is the headset able to wirelessly connect to any devices in your home, like your phone? If so, launching the Bose Connect app, are you able to update the firmware here?

Finally, what happens if the headset is powered on, and you slide the Power/Bluetooth switch to the right, and hold for 10 seconds, in efforts to clear the Bluetooth pairing list? Do you hear any additional messages? Are you able to attempt to pair back to the headset and update the headphones via the app?

Should troubleshooting not resolve your issue, there may likely instead be a hardware fault with the headphones. Please contact Bose support directly in your region for further assistance with this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Re: QC35 II Update Fail - Now semi bricked? Please help!

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately I have tried the reset multiple times, with the wall charger, and it was to no avail.

When holding the power slider to bluetooth, it just repeats the ascending beeping sound exactly like when any other buttons are pressed.

Bose Connect App does not detect the headphones when attempting, power on and off etc, and when trying to pair through NFC I get an error message and a failure to connect.