Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

QC35 II VOIP calls get cutoff after one hour

I have the QC35ii headphones.  They work great for VOIP calls (BT connection to Windows 10 Enterprise laptop), except they will drop the call after one hour.  EXACTLY 60 min..

This is a problem with Skype, MS teams and Aspect.

I'm not the only one with this problem - there are other people at our company that have the same exact problem with ONLY Bose headphones.  
So, I can use this headset for short calls, but if it goes an hour, I have to either use my Sony headphones, that do NOT have this problem...  Or, I have to power the QC35ii off and power it back on and wait for it to reconnect.  Then, it will be fine for another hour....

What is the deal???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II VOIP calls get cutoff after one hour

Author Accepted Answer selected by nota12a

Hello nota12a, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I am sure that we can fix this by disabling the auto-off mode. The automatic power-off setting lets your product automatically turn off and enter standby if it is not in use for a period of time. This is useful, for example, to conserve power in case your product is accidentally left powered on. It may be that the headphones are not detecting that they are being used in a call. I am lead to think this as this happens at exactly 60 minutes every time. We can change the amount of time it takes for this to happen in the Bose Connect app. To do this: 

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products
  2. Tap the settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings.
  3. Tap 'Standby Timer'.
  4. Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns off by itself. The default setting is Never.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by nota12a

Hello nota12a, 

Welcome to the forums! 

I am sure that we can fix this by disabling the auto-off mode. The automatic power-off setting lets your product automatically turn off and enter standby if it is not in use for a period of time. This is useful, for example, to conserve power in case your product is accidentally left powered on. It may be that the headphones are not detecting that they are being used in a call. I am lead to think this as this happens at exactly 60 minutes every time. We can change the amount of time it takes for this to happen in the Bose Connect app. To do this: 

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth products
  2. Tap the settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings.
  3. Tap 'Standby Timer'.
  4. Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns off by itself. The default setting is Never.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hi Vicky,

You were totally right!  After changing that setting, I no longer get cutoff.
Without your assistance, I would have never found that setting.

Thanks for your quick response!

Have a nice evening!
  Claire

Highlighted

I am so glad that this worked for you Claire, I hope that this will help the others in your office too! 

Let me know if you ever need further assistance. 😊

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

I have just purchased the Bose QE35 II. I am connecting to a  Dell Precision 5540 running Windows 10 enterprise version 10.0.17763 that has an Intel Core i7-9850H CPU at 2.6GHz 6 cores. The Windows Bluetooth driver is version 21.0.0.4.  The headset driver on the laptop is a MS driver for the QC 35 II with a version of 10.0.17763.678 with the Avrcp Transport driver version of 10.0.17763.1.

What is occurring is during a VOIP conference call, the headset works great. Then at some point the mic just quits working, I can still hear the conversation but no one can hear me.

If I change the device to the laptop speakers and mic, reconnect my headset, change back to the headset the mic works again for a time.

At this point, this headset is completely useless for me as they were purchased as a VOIP conference call headset that I can wear all day in comfort and not have the battery die on my. If this technical issue can't be resolved I need to return them. I am also thinking I may just have gotten a bad pair.