Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

QC35 II Very loud squeaking sound / weird noise

Hello,

so I am a fresh owner of new pair of QC35 ii headphones. Barely 2 weeks and I am already freakin angry about them. I think there's something wrong with my headphones. 😞

To the point:

- everyday after turning on the headphones, just after some short time there goes very loud squeaking sound from my right headphone. It is always right headphone. And I already have developed a habit to be afraid of putting them on because of the squeaking sound. This is so freakin loud that I am sure it can damage my hearing...

I already analyzed it a little. It doesn't matter if the headphones are on my head or laying on the table, it doesn't matter if there's playing music. This happens if the headphones are face to face and the NC is turned on (the level of NC doesn't do any difference). The sound is always from the right headphone. Also after some time the squeaking is gone and I can use them normally (or I think so). Anyway You can watch the movies of this behavior below - I removed the links to movies because my topic from yesterday was marked as spam and hidden from public view...

I don't want a headphones which can dmg my hearing. 😕 What can I do with this? Should I return them and demand an different example?

Sincerely,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: QC35 II Very loud squeaking sound / weird noise

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThomasK

Hi ThomasK, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry that you have had this experience with the community and your headphones and would love to assist with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Updater. As well as performing a reset on the headphones by: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Please update me on the result of these steps and if any other members of the community have had this issue please do let us know if you resolved this with an alternate method. If you would like to send the links to the files please direct message us. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

How can I add link to movies without marking it as a spam?

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by ThomasK

Hi ThomasK, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry that you have had this experience with the community and your headphones and would love to assist with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Updater. As well as performing a reset on the headphones by: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Please update me on the result of these steps and if any other members of the community have had this issue please do let us know if you resolved this with an alternate method. If you would like to send the links to the files please direct message us. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hello Hector_B,

thanks for Your answer. Below are the links to movies:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tq2S3AMydybjdcmiuExuirFvSyP4JpTm/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lAqFkU4XtEFCL0w-O0rJ_0f_cssKqtTj/view?usp=sharing

Also You can delete this topic: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-ii-Very-loud-squeaking-sound-weird-noise...

as it is the same one which was marked as spam and currently it is unlocked.

I did reset the headphones but it didn't help. This seems to be connected to air flow inside the right headphone. When I put them on, the air flows out and generates sound which is catched by ANC and looped back to my ear. 😕 It also happens when I touch or press (towards head) the right headphone. 

Highlighted

Hello ThomasK,

Thank you very much for your update regarding this. I apologise that this issue persists. 

Does this occur also with a cabled connection?

Does this also happen across multiple devices?

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I am not sure what helped, but it's not happening anymore. I am sure that after the reset it did occure one more time but that's it. I can't repeat it anymore so I can't test it on multiple devices or cable connection because it's ok now. 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I have experienced this as well, but only when I am sitting next to an engine on an airplane.  Happens in the right ear only.   It happens only at take off, when the engine fires, it is like a certain frequency trips the headset up.  I sit in exit rows which are close to the engine.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Am facing the exact same issue. The loud noise is unbearable and occurs after few minuresvid starting the headphones and in the right side.

Hey @HN22,

That's definitely odd! Has this always been the case ever since the first time you used your headphones?

How long does the squeaking noise last for? I've tried to replicate this issue with my own set of QC35 II headphones but not managed it yet.

Do you notice this problem happening when the battery on your headset is low or is the battery life irrelevant to the issue occurring?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

To be honest this comes back from time to time... 😕 And as You guys can see this isn't a single case so this sucks! No more Bose for me.