soumya_nj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

QC35 II Very low volume with iPhone XS

I bought a new QC35 II ( manufactured on Oct 2019) today which was on my list since a long time, but when I connect to my iPhone XS, I found the volume is extremely low on Bluetooth. Only when I make it to 70%+ volume, i could get some noise, below this it is extremely low..I did try to pair with other devises and find the same issue. I am extremely disappointed with the performance. Especially when the product is marketed with the label on it iPhone/iPad/iPod, it should perform well at-least with these product.

I have read similar thread on forum about the same subject, but never found any sensible troubleshooting approach from the support team so re-posting it.

I did try the same with a headphone jack connected to my Laptop ( lenovo), it works super. That clearly means there is something wrong with the BT version of the product ? Issue with firmware ?

The product is so expensive, and people buy Bose because of it's sound quality. Please take this issue seriously and provide some genuine solution. or Else will return the product.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: QC35 II Very low volume with iPhone XS

Hi soumya_nj,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing low audio when using your QC35 II headphones via Bluetooth.

Thank you as well for already trying pairing them with other devices as that does provide us with helpful information that will lead us to a fix for this. There are some extra troubleshooting steps I would recommend trying to resolve this if you haven't already tried them.

The first would be, as they are fairly new, checking the firmware version of the headphones by going to our device updater page on a computer. Once there follow the on-screen instructions and we can check the firmware and install any updates that may be available.

Another thing we can try is a reset of the headphones, to do this we want to: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Let us know how you get on with these steps.

Kind regards,

Keith L - Community Support

soumya_nj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

None of this option worked.

I already have tested these based on the forum discussion.

Now I am 100% sure the product is definitely faulty.

I am really amazed company like Bose pioneer in sound engineering can afford to have these level of faults.

I am aware I always have an option to return back the product. But I just want to know the root cause of it. There are so many thread of it, Why Bose does not take any steps to resolve this. More importantly the product I brought is manufactured on Oct,2019.

thanks

Soumya

Hello Soumya, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If you haven't already, check to ensure the media volume on your iPhone XS is increased. If your volume controls on the phone are synced to the ringer volume, you may have inadvertently increased the wrong volume level. 

To check, while playing audio, swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone screen, and increase the volume slider to 100%. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

soumya_nj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Thanks Jeff for your reply..

Yes, when you are on BT the iPhone volume control shows bluetooth volume control instead of ringer one.
The problem as I explained before, 
1) While connected on bluetooth, the volume control does work both from my iPhone and BOSE devise, but once you reach around 70% volume, then you know the power of Bose..till that time the volume is extremely low.
2) I tried with a headphone jack with my Lenevo laptop, sound is awesome as expected.
3) When I connect with bluetooth to my Lenevo PC, again same issue.
4) Tried suggested options like clearing out all devise list and trying connecting from fresh, wall mount charge 30 secs option etc.
5) Tried selecting Noise cancellation level to High/Low/Off, same issue
6) Firmware ver - 4.5.2, DoM - Oct 11, 2019
7) Bose Connect App ver - 10.0.0
😎 Tested client devise: Apple iPhone XS, iPad Pro 2018 model - Issue with both

Note: I just dont want to return this devise 😞 , as I am a big fan of Bose. Kindly help !!

-Soumya

Hello soumya_nj, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

This is very unusual. Noise Cancellation will not have an effect on the volume level of your media, but I'm glad to see you have already tried to update the firmware.

Moving forward, I would encourage you to reach out to local support in your region. Details can be found here. We'll be more than happy to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Hardwax
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hi, I am having this exact same issue on my QC35ii. In order to have a proper sound experience I need to leave the volume at 100%. This very frustrating since I was expecting a lot of this product, the test version at the store wasn’t low volume like this at all.

I’ve already did all the procedures mentioned in the discussion as well, updated firmware, reset, can you please help or at least let me know if this is expected?

Bought my phone in nov/19 (manuf date 04/19).

soumya_nj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Definitely product is faulty.

I am really suprised people have posted this issue since 2 years ..still the problem exists..

Very strange and pathetic ..