Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

QC35 II / Windows 10 - stuck in headset mode please help!

Hi - I previously had my PC connecting to the headphones in headphone mode, rather than headset.

Now, the PC only connects to the headphones in headset mode.  How do I fix this?  I've tried deleting all the Bose devices from the PC's device manager (more below), re-pairing them, turning the PC"s bluetooth on and off, etc.  But I can't get back in to headphone mode, just headset mode.

Also, for some reason while I can actually delete "Bose QC35 II" and "Bose QC35 II Avrcp Transport" from device manager, "LE-Bose QC35 II" appears to delete but comes back the next time I turn the PC's bluetooth back on, even if I didn't try re-pairing in the meantime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: QC35 II / Windows 10 - stuck in headset mode please help!

Author Accepted Answer selected by Marty K.

So I was able to get it to work again - I saw in the windows device manager under speakers that Bluetooth A2DP item had a yellow ! next to it - the error was that Windows thought the driver was unsigned, code 52.  I'm not quite sure what I did to get it to work - I Googled for this error and the suggestion I found was to try downloading replacement driver for it.  I did that, backed up the original driver and copied the downloaded driver in its place, and then I got code 48, but when I copied back the original driver file and restarted my system, it started working.  Hopefully that will help someone else. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Marty K, 

Thank you for messaging the community, we're so sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your QC35II Headphones whilst connecting to your Windows 10 device. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Following this I would recommend that you clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones. To do this; 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Please let us know if this helps at all.

Tegan M - Community Support 

Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Marty K.

So I was able to get it to work again - I saw in the windows device manager under speakers that Bluetooth A2DP item had a yellow ! next to it - the error was that Windows thought the driver was unsigned, code 52.  I'm not quite sure what I did to get it to work - I Googled for this error and the suggestion I found was to try downloading replacement driver for it.  I did that, backed up the original driver and copied the downloaded driver in its place, and then I got code 48, but when I copied back the original driver file and restarted my system, it started working.  Hopefully that will help someone else. 

Hello Marty K.,

Thanks for getting back in touch and sharing your solution this helps other community members solve their issue quicker. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C