Disappointed Boser
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: QC35 II constantly disconnecting and connecting to iPhone X

Hi. I am experiencing the same problem as everyone else here. Have had my QC 35ii's for 4 days. This issue is EXTREMELY annoying. Like several others here, I purchased these headphones (vs. competing products) solely because they connect to two devices simultaneously. My connected devices are iPhone 8, Microsoft Surface Pro. The headphones constantly disconnect/reconnect to my iPhone while on Skype or Microsoft Teams calls.

As others here have said, it would be helpful if Bose acknowledged the existence of the issue and provided a solution, or admitted they cannot solve this problem. Judging by the earlier Bose responses and solution attempts in this thread, and Bose's complete unresponsiveness for several months now, the only conclusion is that Bose is UNABLE to fix this problem.

andreasSWE
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I just bought these headphones with the aim of using them with PC and iPhone, but I have the exact same issue with mine. It is not possible to have iphone connected at same time as conference call on PC, it constantly disconnects and reconnects.

Iphone 11 + Lenovo T480s

sureshd1976@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I have the same issue, is this problem going to be resolved? 

QC35

iPhone 11

Window 10, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business

Rob Bastiaanssen
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

Excactly the same problem here, when connected to two devices and while using macbook or other laptop, the Iphone X is continuesly disconnecting/connecting.

But according to the lack of attention Bose is giving to this thread, it will be something we've got to deal with apparently.

MAGMAG
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Quickly bringing an old thread to your attention so maybe Bose is going to respond in either of them.

I started this one here back in march:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-II-bluetooth-reconnects-with-every...

In short: Bose Software is for whatever reason not able to be connected to two devices. 

As soon as you have two devices connected the battery announcement will be disconnecting and then reconnecting your connection every 20 minutes or so. 

Especially Windows and Apple sharing the same Bose headphones seems to be a huge issue.

To solve this problem: Delete everything and pair your Headphones with just ONE device. DO NOT ADD A SECOND ONE. Either your phone or your computer. Not both. Yeh I know, its not what you would expect from a pair of headphones which costs 400 Dollar.

Bose reached out to me to connect me with one of their developers but that never happened and I presume they are not capable or interested in solving this problem. Good luck everybody.

Here are further threads just to document that this issue is out there for a while already:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-II-iOS-Battery-notification/m-p/26...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/BOSE-QuietComfort-35-II-keeps-disconnecting-c...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC35-II-frequently-voice-prompts-100-battery/...

frist
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Hi,

thanks for the update Magmag.

I also have exactly the same issue and it's extremely annoying, to the point that it makes the headphone unusable for important meetings. 

I can't understand why this is not fixed yet, this trouble goes  on for a year or so now and both firmware version you can choose are affected - really old ones are fine however.  

If the problem is difficult to fix, than just give us the option to disable the stupid battery status announcement altogether. This would at least make the headphone usable again. But, right now, even if I disable announcements in the Android app, I get a 'beep' instead of the voice announcement but the headphones still disconnect and reconnect (if I'm lucky).

Bose, please do something.

Jplages
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Thanks for the answer here but I've tried your solution and it didn't work.

My QC35 II are now paired with my Macbook Pro only and every 15 minutes or so it "reboots" informing the battery status and connects again with my device.

My headphones used to work perfectly since day 1, even with 2 paired devices and now they are rebooting during my calls which make them useless at the most important time.

This sucks because they are already out of warranty and I know that it wasn't wrong usage for sure. I really take good care of them. I mean, it's a 300 USD headphones... they should last really long for the price you are paying. 

Now I can't use them. Shame on you Bose.

I really hope they fix this quickly. There are already many people complaining about this.

I am having second thoughts about Bose, I will choose the Sony one next time for sure. 

MAGMAG
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Hey Jplages,

It's not just the pairing, there shouldn't be any device in the list besides your MacBook Pro. Also delete the Bose App and delete Bose from your bluetooth setting from all other devices. And reset your headphones as well. It worked for me but I am also just a customer, so I hope it works for you as well.

And yes I agree, this was the last time I am paying for a Bose product as well. 

f-almstrom
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Hi,

same problem here. Latest firmware etc. 

Constant disconnects listening to music on my iPhone X while being connected to more than one device.

bobspryn
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I am seeing the same issue. Using either device works fine. When listening to music on my Mac though, the iPhone X constantly disconnects and reconnects. Turned off voice prompts as well, and often just have to disconnect the phone.

I'll be switching to whatever pro headphones apple announces if this hasn't been fixed.